In Search of the Historical Homer Kelley and his "Golfing Machine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Amen Corner...

The point was I teach what I teach because it works way better for me than anything else I have ever seen anyone else do.

Not because it is in a book, or is approved by any organization.

I gave a very good 11 o'clock lesson, by the way, to a long time student who started with me as a 20 handicap and is now a 6.

My next two lessons were with brand new students. I'd say they were within the best 1000 golf lessons ever given in golf history.

I figured out how to do this all by myself. I had help from the little yellow book and from Ben Doyle. I give both credit everyday.

Does it MATTER a lick how well I can teach???

It does to me and my students.

In the end, you can market all you want, but whoever helps their student the best wins.

Who's got next?

Keep the faith - Your students I'm sure appreciate you - I wish I was closer to Louisiana- I'd like to learn in person. Course I'd still have to still have to wear a UT shirt- Maybe get you to sing Rocky Top. :D

“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”
Aristotle

BMAN said:
What was the REASON I wanted the whole truth to get out?

Easy. I thought it would level the playing field. But—who am I kidding? This playing field called "the golf instruction business" ain't level—and it will never be level. So what? I'm still playing. Who's got next?

Ya I was thinking....even if you rounded up all this info.....it's gonna be a hard task deciding what's right....and you're gonna have all kinds of people arguing until no end.

And that may be due to some people wanting things to suit their teaching....etc. But also....in reality.....there's also bound to be a lot of stuff that's gonna be second hand or w/e.....

I mean.....in court they gather up all kinds of evidence.......and you gotta prove beyond a reasonable doubt if u know what I mean....but innocent guys still end up declared guilty. (if you know what I mean) Not that I doubt you'd do a good honorable job....but it would be dicey in that way.

On the other hand tho it's sad tho cause anyone can say anything about Homer I guess.....he's not around anymore. They can use the book to their advantage. (or what they pass off as the book I guess)

Anyway w/e.....just fix em eh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.