Increase pivot action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by nevermind

"hit into the lead side more", cdog you practicing for when you get that golf mag article?

I've squared up my left foot and try to feel the right heel planted on the ground up to impact. Works fine untill I want to hit a ball at more than 3/4 pace. When I'm moving that right shoulder downplane nice and fast my hips want to spin just as fast. I watch the Gregg McHatton swing clips for inspiration. Also using the feeling of letting the dog walk b/w you legs in the downstroke then catch it in the follow through, can't recall who I heard that from. Early days, she'll be right.

You are still too deep into the stroke. Learn to straighten the right arm without losing the bend in the right wrist or even further back how does the right elbow work in the move back. This is first training the right arm. And, when Mr. K says the plane of the right wrist bend is 90 degrees to the plane of the left wrist cock, what does that mean to you? Hogan focused almost exclusively on the left and except for the sketches we would not see the bend in the right wrist.

DRW

cdog

New
Nevermind, sorry I wasnt clear.
I too had the problem of spinning out, and my advice of hitting 'into' the lead side is what I do, however it's not how i should have presented the info.

Question, what is your intention when you spin out? We all know spinning out is wrong, but I think we do it because it's a byproduct of something we intend to do.
Attack the problem from that perspective.

I no longer spin out because my intention is to either drive my #3 pressure pt into the inside aft part of the ball (hit), or have it driven to that part of the ball (swing).
If you practice slowly, you will see how the body reacts when we do exactly that. You will also see where the 'sit down' move takes place.
As you make the slow controlled motion, you will see that if you spin out, it takes away the ability to dump all that pressure into the correct part of the ball.
I practiced the slow controlled motion (mechanics) until i started to develope a FEEL, and that feel for me is hitting into my lead side like a pair of skaters where one WHIPS the other and really accelerates them.

so your feeling of hitting into the lead side is something some would describe as posting up on the lead leg?

I've always had a smooth/slow/gradual transition and have never felt the pressure points very much. I spin out when I want to feel some pressure in the pp's at start down. I know that as a swinger I should use instantaneous acceleration hip action to get all number of good things happenning, but I can't seem to get my lower half to look like any of the swings I admire. The more lag pressure I go for the worse my spinning out. I'll continue to work on it as I have been and as you have suggested, mirror work + slow motions... look look look and feel feel feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.