Interlocking grip inhibit proper alignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have somewhat small hands and I interlock. But it seems that interlocking may pre-cock the left wrist and inhibit proper uncocking. Interlocking seems to change the dynamics of how the grip lay across the left hand, although maybe a negligible amount. Also, some of my stronger ball striking days were when I switched to a two-piece grip which allowed me to more easily arch (bow) my left wrist alla Lee Buck Trevino.

Notice I said 'stronger ball striking days' not 'consistent.' With the two-piecer I was able to hit my iron 10 yds further, but at the risk of over-cooking every third shot.

Any comments on the interlock in this regard?

rcw

New
Jack and Tiger play with interlocking grips. Do you think they hit it hard enough? I don't think it should effect your alignments negatively.

EdZ

New
I think the interlock is anatomically more correct and 'can' help the flying wedges be nearly automatic.

That said, it also can be 'less stable' than an overlap in some respects, depending on your grip of choice. 10-2-B as Homer describes it is best done with an overlap, 10-2-D with an interlock IMO.

In reality, there is almost no difference between the two grips, but it's most important to go with the one that works the best. The position of my hands does not change when I go from one to the other,but the feel is definitely different. You should be able to retain your hold on the club and switch back and forth from interlock to overlap without changing hand positions. Slight movements of the right hand may be necessary, depending on the thickness of your fingers. I have very skinny fingers, so the back and forth change over is easy. The reason I don't like the interlock is that it causes twisting of the fingers, which is very uncomfortable, it hurts!

I used to not be able to stand Interlock.....just felt weird....

Now I can't stand Overlap.....feels like my pinky is gonna slip off.

I've got small hands and it actually happens sometimes in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.