Is Kaymer out of sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I hate being couch critic but his swing is a shell of what it used to be. It was always a laggy, quick fade swing but now it's really out of sorts. It's no wonder he's struggled so much.

My guess, and I haven't looked closely, but I think he gets ahead of it with a fairly weak grip. Bad combo. Kevin what do you see different. Cause he is lost. Who does he work with?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
My guess, and I haven't looked closely, but I think he gets ahead of it with a fairly weak grip. Bad combo. Kevin what do you see different. Cause he is lost. Who does he work with?

Just a quick look today. From what I remember I see kinda a sweeping late set set with a laggy transition. Makes for a snappy cut, relatively speaking, of course.

coach

New
He says he has been working the last year on hitting a draw, which he said he never was able to do, even though he knows what he is suppose to do. To me he seems to be lost in his pattern

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

I haven't looked at it closely but he seems to "over cover" the ball with his chest, lacking any axis tilt. Almost smothers it. Always looks late.

Works with a German guy who also coaches Marcel Siem. I'm not so sure guys like his coach lack experience with world class golfers. Germany is still a golfing backwater when it comes to 1st class golf. Apologies for any offence caused.

"I haven't looked at it closely but he seems to "over cover" the ball with his chest, lacking any axis tilt. Almost smothers it. Always looks late". A wonderful description by Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.