Is Tiger Finished with Haney? Whose next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The internet reports (yesterday) and recently that Tiger and Haney are done come as no surprise.

We'd all like for Tiger to work with Brian but if not Brian what instructor do you predict he would work with next?

btp

New
I'm guessing that Hank has some written agreement that states what Tiger can say or can't say about him in the media. If they do split it, Tiger will probably have a statement that says Hank took him to the next level and he is now trying to get to a new level.

If the number 1 player in the world says you messed me up, that wouldn't help your reputation as a teacher. Nobody would sign up for his academies or prep school etc.

Tiger is one of the most stubborn sobs around. He'd have to admit 6 years of the ridiculous laid off, flat swing were an error of judgment.

Manzella wins this bet easy.

Tiger is one of the most stubborn sobs around. He'd have to admit 6 years of the ridiculous laid off, flat swing were an error of judgment.

Manzella wins this bet easy.

If he could leave Harmon after winning the Tiger slam and the majority of his Majors with him, I don't see it as inconceivable that he would leave HH.

Besides, when has Tiger ever been committed to one person?

If he could leave Harmon after winning the Tiger slam and the majority of his Majors with him, I don't see it as inconceivable that he would leave HH.

Good point. I hope he does leave. Maybe Tiger will do what almost every other great player did and take his swing into his own hands. He's smart enough to figure something out. He has to know that what he's doing with Haney is not ever going to work.

Time's up Hank, Tiger has some digging to do.

Good point. I hope he does leave. Maybe Tiger will do what almost every other great player did and take his swing into his own hands. He's smart enough to figure something out. He has to know that what he's doing with Haney is not ever going to work.

Time's up Hank, Tiger has some digging to do.

He could learn the "new ball flight laws"(D-plane), get a Trackman, and learn or have someone translate the Trackman numbers for him. Then he could definitely learn to own his swing and quickly.

or

Just hire Brian and get all that plus a great teacher.

ej20

New

Besides, when has Tiger ever been committed to one person?

I didn't think of that.Maybe he sees other instructors in secret without the knowledge of Haney.LOL

My thoughts:

- I'd be shocked if Tiger and Haney had some sort of 'Conan Agreement' where if they parted ways Tiger couldn't make disparaging remarks about him. The teacher-student agreement on Tour isn't that detailed. Some have a contract which may be a thing where they pay the teacher so much a year and agree to pay for travel expenses, etc. Even those are not that common. I think if Tiger were to quit Haney, he'd probably not say anything. His problems with Butch were mostly in part to Butch talking to the press about Tiger.

- Sorry, Hank Haney blows and his swing he teaches sucks for the majority of the golfing population. I probably would've reserved this judgement a couple of years ago, but after watching the Haney Project I have to call a spade a spade. To me it really has nothing to do with his mental state. He swung the club terribly at the Masters. He made swings at the Masters that I don't see struggling PGA Tour players make, much less #1 player in the world. I can see thru all of this if Tiger wasn't particularly sharp out there, but he's swinging the club about the worst I've ever seen and it's not even close.

- I usually harp on this too much, but I think Tiger will stick with Haney because of Tiger's ego. He doesn't want to make a mea culpa towards Butch and say all of the stuff that he's been praising about Haney was wrong. The PGA Championship was a great example. He refused to hit the driver unless a hole was as wide open as Wyoming and then forced himself with long irons into the green which even he couldn't get too close and didn't give himself chances for birdies. Then after the press conference and the FIRST THING he talks about is how well he struck the ball that day, even though he was afraid to hit driver.

3JACK

I agree with every point that Richie just made. I would love to see him leave Haney, but doubt that it will happen anytime soon.

He may try to work on things on his own for a while, but I doubt we'll hear an announcement of "parting ways." It's too bad, because I don't know if he'll be able to undo a lot of the stuff he's doing now.

His swing really did look like crap at the Masters, especially off the tee. Yet, if he hadn't 3 putted from 6 feet (on 14?) he'd have finished T2. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.