Jerry Kelly leakage hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a picture of Jerry Kelly in Golf magazine in the post impact position with the club parallel to the ground and the arms fully extended. The position of hands just did not make sense. The right hand was bowed and the left hand was severely bent. Is this position attainable without leakage hooking?

Grab a pencil in your left hand and, pretending it is a zebco 33 fishing rod and reel, make a casting motion straight ahead of you, as if you want to sling the lead point out the end of the pencil, or throw the line of the rod and reel straight out. Hold that position. The wrist should be flat. And when you cocked it up towards your head, the wrist naturally cupped. I got hung up in the flat left wrist business, and lost the ability to play straight golf. To flatten the left wrist on the way to the top severely robs me of angle, and makes me feel I have nothing to hit with through impact. Watch the flat left wrist business. In line cocking and uncocking flattens the lead wrist naturally. Cup back and flatten down. Now get out of here.

Eminem

Banned
quote:Originally posted by diggerdog

Grab a pencil in your left hand and, pretending it is a zebco 33 fishing rod and reel, make a casting motion straight ahead of you, as if you want to sling the lead point out the end of the pencil, or throw the line of the rod and reel straight out. Hold that position. The wrist should be flat. And when you cocked it up towards your head, the wrist naturally cupped. I got hung up in the flat left wrist business, and lost the ability to play straight golf. To flatten the left wrist on the way to the top severely robs me of angle, and makes me feel I have nothing to hit with through impact. Watch the flat left wrist business. In line cocking and uncocking flattens the lead wrist naturally. Cup back and flatten down. Now get out of here.

Or it could be that you have a faulty swing and you have to throw the club inorder to get a decent hit....your ideas are junk IMO...

Your backswing consists of three things in my mind - your trail arm bends and pulls on your lead arm and your trail wrist bends, flattening the wrist. The rest is really all turn....

Digger,
This is basically what Peter Croker teaches. I think there is a lot of merit to his system even though others don't. He does have considerable TGM background.

I too find that uncocking the left wrist correctly will flatten it. When I worked with Martin Green (www.mgga.net) for 3 days he demontrated very well how pushing the club to the ball correctly will bring everything in-line whether you have a strong/weak grip, open/shut face, or cupped/flat wrist.

I don't know why people like M&M hang out here, since they got it all figured out. Talent on loan from God, I suppose. Maybe I should feel more honored. Glad you found the nidbit of truth in my junk.

Eminem

Banned

I don't know why people like M&M hang out here, since they got it all figured out. Talent on loan from God, I suppose. Maybe I should feel more honored. Glad you found the nidbit of truth in my junk.

I don't pretend I got it all figured out, but one thing for sure, I don't learn from the posters like you. Theres a few people on this forum which I would say had an equal understanding of the swing and a few that have a better but I do understand alot better than the majority of the posters here.....

Im very brutally honest, if you don't like that then don't respond and learn to dump your male ego pride because I dared critise your thoughts, obligating you to return in a showdown of glory.

Perhaps you think that because you wrote something we have no right to critisise. I have every right as this forum allows 'lively debate' within the forum description entry. If you want heavy moderation go join NG or FGI forums and you will see that they will pile the crap on you harder than you could ever say splutttt......

This is pretty much what Homer called "double cocking".

But keep in mind, if you were intending to talk TGM terms, cock and bent are not interchangeable - different planes of motion.

I don't recommnend double cocking because this is what many amateurs and slicers do - not accusing you are being a slicer.

Cherry,
I beleive double cocking refers to cocking right and left wrist. The left wrist is supposed to cock and uncock.

Eminem,
"Your ideas and descriptions are sh*tty" isn't "lively debate". Abusing someone's thoughts on the golf swing isn't debating. Debate is a discussion, not insulting.

quote:Originally posted by cherrybarry

quote:Originally posted by mgjordan

Cherry,
I beleive double cocking refers to cocking right and left wrist. The left wrist is supposed to cock and uncock.
it is also bending the left wrist

Double Cocking (Left Wrist Action 10-18-B) refres to the cocking and bending of the LEFT wrist. It is usually related to swingers or golfers who depend upon true Centrifugal Force Swings.

hue

New
I have never read anything by Peter Croker . There is a thread on the Chuck Evans website re "Peter Croker question ". Here is a bit of the thread.

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:11 am Post subject: Peter Croker Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been told, through this forum, that Peter Croker studied TGM, but teaches his variations.

Can you give me your opinions on some of the things I found in his book, "Path to Better Golf." I have been pointed to his website swing descriptions (especially on impact), but I still feel like I need to read opinions on his methods.

On page 52.
Tip 16
"Trying to keep right wrist bent at impact creates a loss in power.
...fully uncock both hands in the impact zone, the right wrist will straighten
Straighten as will the left. Which makes for a square solid hit"

Isn't this what TGM teaches us NOT to do? ie. flatenning the right wrist..

P34
He talks about how he gets students to do a chipping drill to teach the same movements of the full swing
"When hands reach spot opposite of the right foot....(uncock the club so that it is )fully inline w/ left arm"

I hope I haven't misquoted him.

This seems very wonky advice to me . I don't want to practice this and get this desease. Brian; What are your opinions on the guy? Thanks.

cdog

New
Check out Ernie Els on tne front page of Golf Digest oct 03, Chuck Cook Golf Digest may 01, im sure i can find several others. These are down the line views, standing closer to the target looking at the golfers at follow thru...trail wrists ARENT bent.
mark Evershed says always practice keeping the trail wrist bent, but when swinging a club FULL speed, it will straighten, just regaint the bend as soon as possible.
You dont even wanna know what Austins says. hahahahaha

Eminem

Banned

Eminem,
"Your ideas and descriptions are sh*tty" isn't "lively debate". Abusing someone's thoughts on the golf swing isn't debating. Debate is a discussion, not insulting.

Be quiet ragman, don't think I don't know what your up to...

quote:Originally posted by hue

I have never read anything by Peter Croker . There is a thread on the Chuck Evans website re "Peter Croker question ". Here is a bit of the thread.

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:11 am Post subject: Peter Croker Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been told, through this forum, that Peter Croker studied TGM, but teaches his variations.

Can you give me your opinions on some of the things I found in his book, "Path to Better Golf." I have been pointed to his website swing descriptions (especially on impact), but I still feel like I need to read opinions on his methods.

On page 52.
Tip 16
"Trying to keep right wrist bent at impact creates a loss in power.
...fully uncock both hands in the impact zone, the right wrist will straighten
Straighten as will the left. Which makes for a square solid hit"

Isn't this what TGM teaches us NOT to do? ie. flatenning the right wrist..

P34
He talks about how he gets students to do a chipping drill to teach the same movements of the full swing
"When hands reach spot opposite of the right foot....(uncock the club so that it is )fully inline w/ left arm"

I hope I haven't misquoted him.

This seems very wonky advice to me . I don't want to practice this and get this desease. Brian; What are your opinions on the guy? Thanks.

Croker may have studied TGM, but, if so, seemingly didn't understand the distinction between wrist cock and wrist bend. It is possible to fully cock and uncock the left wrist, while the right wrist remains FULLY bent. The plane of the bending is perpendicular to the cocking plane. Some right wrist bend is absolutely necessary through the impact interval in order for the hands to lead the clubhead through the impact interval.

The shots of pro swings with the right wrist flat or arched, are well past clubhead/ball separation, and are caused by a lack of left forearm swivel.

quote:Originally posted by Eminem

Eminem,

Be quiet ragman, don't think I don't know what your up to...
Obviously, you don't.

Can't seem to figure out why people can disagree with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.