Jim Kobylinski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this guy knows his golf. Had a lesson last night. I've got 20 years on him. He is young, but don't let that influence your decision to go see him for help if you are near Chicago.

He can clear up plenty of Machine misconceptions and get you to hit the ball better quickly. I had a lot of illusions made into clear concepts.

I shot in the 70's when I was a kid. Decided to play football instead of the golf team. Started playing again after 15 year layoff, and couldn't beat my buddies. So, for the last 12 years I've taken lessons from local pros, an expensive resort pro, several AI's, 1 golf school, and countless number of fitted golf clubs.

I became a combination of 3 TGM camps (not Manzella, Doyle et al), with a little Hardy and golf mags thrown in for extra pain.

I became a big fat flipper with a backswing so flat I might as well have chopped trees 4 feet off the ground. Swung way out to the right and chunked more shots than I care to ever remember.

I've always been able to hit shots better during a lesson, but never knew what I was actually supposed to be doing. When I couldn't do something, no pro could ever tell me how to do it, or why I was doing it wrong.

Jim gave my explanations and a plan. Hopefully, I'll be able to implement these changes. There was a lot that I was doing wrong, and I have to admit there are a few muscles sore today that I don't think I ever used before.

ajs

New
Agree completely! Jim does know his stuff (even when he's a little hung over *ahem* lol) I'm hitting the ball in a way my body has never previously been contorted to. Like Jim said to me, I'm on a journey with my swing and he's the guide to the right path. Good work bud and i'll see you soon.

-Marlowe

JeffM

Wolfman

Could you be more explicit, and detail what advice you got that was very meaningful to you?

Jeff.

Erik_K

New
It brings a smile to my face when I see the glowing reviews after Jim gives a lesson. He knew a lot about the swing when I met him a few years ago and his conversations and lessons with Brian have only made him a better player and decent instructor.

He has no 'formal' TGM or PGA training, but clearly Brian (and Jim's own investigations) have turned him into a nice instructor. Clearly you can make major strides when you have access to the correct information. I believe it was Max Euwe (former chess world champion) that said, "Properly taught a student can learn more in 10 hours than a lifetime of trial and error."

Good to hear that Jim is doing well.

Illusions

Wolfman

Could you be more explicit, and detail what advice you got that was very meaningful to you?

Jeff.

Mid body hands is farther back than you can imagine when YOU ARE SET UP CORRECTLY.

I had a Manzella neutral grip, BUT it does not fit ME.

Swinging out to the right does not fit every golfer. Swiinging left does not mean what you think it does.

Axis tilt is the whole spine, not just the shoulders.

Flat shoulder turn on the backswing isn't REALLY flat like you might see if you spend time at 2 other internet instruction golf forums (TGM and non-TGM).

Wolfman

"Flat shoulder turn on the backswing isn't REALLY flat like you might see if you spend time at 2 other internet instruction golf forums (TGM and non-TGM)."

What's this?

No way, dude

"Flat shoulder turn on the backswing isn't REALLY flat like you might see if you spend time at 2 other internet instruction golf forums (TGM and non-TGM)."

What's this?

You are a smart fellar. See your handle all over the internet. You can figure it out. I don't have a flame resistant suit.

Nonono I'm being honest. I just want to know about the shoulder turn.....

I knew I should have wrote something about not being interested in the second part.....

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Here's the deal:

Wolfman used a pivot that kept his head in the middle of his feet and a backswing that was way too low and way too in which contributed to his problem of swinging too far to the right.

So after he learned some concepts we had to work on getting his pivot better and swinging more on plane. A lot to fix in one lesson but he did pretty well.

What I think he is talking about is more what a flat shoulder turn feels and looks like when you don't keep your head in the middle of your feet.

And

A flat backswing shoulder turn doesn't necessarily mean your arms are flat at the top or end! Like Paul Stankowski or Aaron Oberholser (sp?).

Status
Not open for further replies.