Just a quick thanks to Brian, Damon, and all the forum members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been around here for a few years now. Reworked my entire swing based on Brian's videos: started with NSA which was a revolution for me (despite playing golf for over 20 years, much of it competitive), moved on to take bits from SD and NHA, and finally customized a pattern that I think fits me. In that time I've had one lesson with Brian (my first lesson in almost 25 years), played with Damon twice, and learned A LOT from all the other Manzella instructors and the consistent contributors to this board.

This spring I put in place what I thought might be the final piece of "my pattern," trying to get a little less steep on the downswing. Well, at least for now, it seems to have worked: for the past month I've hit more really good golfs shots than I can ever recall.

And over the past week I had a lot of luck go my way: played a very solid round on a fairly easy "city park" like course about a week ago, made some birdies coming in, and broke 70. Then yesterday played a really hard course from the tips, in the wind, hit 13/14 fairways and just absolutely made everything I looked at, plus a chip in. I finished with 22 putts (as I said, the luck was going my way), but I ended up breaking 70 again, but this time on a course that I'd never shot better than 75 on (it's 7300 from the tips and a real beast in the wind).

So I just wanted to say thinks to everyone for the help. More important to me than a couple of good rounds is the fact that for the first time in my golf life I feel like I have some sense of what's going on in the golf swing. That wouldn't have happened without brianmanzella.com.

cheers!

I've been around here for a few years now. Reworked my entire swing based on Brian's videos: started with NSA which was a revolution for me (despite playing golf for over 20 years, much of it competitive), moved on to take bits from SD and NHA, and finally customized a pattern that I think fits me. In that time I've had one lesson with Brian (my first lesson in almost 25 years), played with Damon twice, and learned A LOT from all the other Manzella instructors and the consistent contributors to this board.

This spring I put in place what I thought might be the final piece of "my pattern," trying to get a little less steep on the downswing. Well, at least for now, it seems to have worked: for the past month I've hit more really good golfs shots than I can ever recall.

And over the past week I had a lot of luck go my way: played a very solid round on a fairly easy "city park" like course about a week ago, made some birdies coming in, and broke 70. Then yesterday played a really hard course from the tips, in the wind, hit 13/14 fairways and just absolutely made everything I looked at, plus a chip in. I finished with 22 putts (as I said, the luck was going my way), but I ended up breaking 70 again, but this time on a course that I'd never shot better than 75 on (it's 7300 from the tips and a real beast in the wind).

So I just wanted to say thinks to everyone for the help. More important to me than a couple of good rounds is the fact that for the first time in my golf life I feel like I have some sense of what's going on in the golf swing. That wouldn't have happened without brianmanzella.com.

cheers!

What courses did you play Fronesis? I'm a Baltimore boy and have played nearly all the public courses. Actually play a lot in Southern Pa. Breaking 70 on any course is a hell of an accomplishment! ;):) I'm waiting to break 80 :(

Last edited:
Could not agree more with the sentiment.

Not to hijack the thread and knowing I'm not even remotely in the same league as you but I just broke 80 for the first time last Friday (from the 6200 yard tees but it was very humid ;)). And yes, there's an awful lot of "Manzella stuff" happening in what i'm trying to do now.

Good grief, I didn't know what the heck a pivot was until landing here a year ago. And after 30 years of arm swinging, it sure was weird. I'm getting there. But anyway, enough about my minor league stuff.

Congrats! And of all the millions of people who play golf, you're in the top <1%. That's gotta be pretty cool.

Bigball: at home in B'more I usually play a mix of city and county public courses. Diamond Ridge is a nice blend of cheap and good, for me. I keep thinking about joining a club, but they are all either too far out of the city or too expensive for me. Right now I'm in Colorado for a month, so that 7400 yard course isn't really all that long.:)

Festus: not a thread-jack at all / congrats on breaking 80, that is a huge achievement!! My recent rounds were a lot of fun, but I'm probably most proud of an even par round I shot in a competition a couple of years back when i still lived in the uk. As Brian's recent post indicates, competitive golf is a whole other world.

Status
Not open for further replies.