Just like some comments regarding something I've added...

Status
Not open for further replies.
to my swing.....

This is not something new. But, it has taken me awhile to discover it, and then make it consistent in the swing. When I am consistent with it....I hit so well. I just don't understand why???

The thing I am doing is taking away the club using the thumb and index finger of my right hand. I'm pinching the shaft there and using that pinching for the move away...still getting up on the right foot ok.

When I don't do that, I have very inconsistent results. When I do that, the results are very good....using everything else I have learned here. WHY???

Sounds a bit like right forearm tracing. You may have some sort of flip as well and what you feel isn't real. Tough to tell when you don't have a video of your swing.

3JACK

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Placebo

does it keep the face less open?

That would be my guess.

Along with probably adding some extensor action, or just less wobble in the grip.

Sounds a bit like right forearm tracing.

It may change his path some on the backswing, but "right forearm tracing"...

I doubt it.

I'd love to get 10 golfers who think they can point their right forearm directly at the plane line, going back or coming through for any length of time at all, and put them on a 6°-3D machine.

They would find out that all that "tracing" is at best, a placebo.

That would be my guess.

Along with probably adding some extensor action, or just less wobble in the grip.

It may change his path some on the backswing, but "right forearm tracing"...

I doubt it.

I'd love to get 10 golfers who think they can point their right forearm directly at the plane line, going back or coming through for any length of time at all, and put them on a 6°-3D machine.

They would find out that all that "tracing" is at best, a placebo.

What are the advantages and disadvantages to using the right arm, left arm, or shoulders to take the club back? Or is it just a preference thing?

btp

New
I would guess right forearm takeaway. I don't know if you have rfa tracing or not, but I think you can do it in 2D lol.

Bigwill, I think there are three different takeaway feels. Left, right and together. More body, less hands works for some, more hands and less body works better for others.

Not intentionally trying...

to trace anything. It seems that pinching with the fingers help to relax the rest of the grip without letting it get too relaxed.

Also, I like the path the club takes when I use this.

Someone told me this is something Ernest Jones used to talk about. Who is Ernest Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.