Knuckles Down Post Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Constantino Rocca's Tempo and Doyle's function. They look so good through the impact area, however, I could not help but notice how much the back of the left hand was facing down post impact. I recall Ben Hogan "5 Fundamentals" mentioning this. How do I get there? It looks scary because my misses are a casted, weak, leaky, hook. And in the videos of Rocca and Doyle, the club face looks like its facing the ground about waist high past impact. I would kill for a swing like Rocca's. My body type is pretty similar. Any Suggestions/Drills to get there quicker. Thanks in advance.

Baker-knuckles.jpg

brian,
i'd like to order your tapes, too. how can I do this?
does it come with a money back guarantee?

would you also include a side order of Italian Shrimp Plz?

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

Learn full roll first.

Then lag.

A real shortcut.

yep... full roll is one of the most critical steps, ragman's pic sums it up perfectly

do that until you can hit high sweep hooks, and you 'feel' the back of your left hand/thumb -palm of your right riding up the rim of the hand plane - until you 'feel' the arch of the lead wrist, page 102 of Hogan's book through impact

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by galanga

Can you please define full roll?

Ragman's pic.... and the image of a screw driver in your left hand - turn the screw to the left as hard and fast as you can

rcw

New
EdZ I don't think that is quite the right description of a horizontal hinge. The hinge is in your shoulder not wrist.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by rcw

EdZ I don't think that is quite the right description of a horizontal hinge. The hinge is in your shoulder not wrist.

agreed.... but I like to have folks understand the exaggerations first, especially when it comes to learning to hook the ball

the 'screw driver' image helps folks get the arched wrist feeling, and once they do, you can move to more of a 'set' wrist position, and more true horizontal hinge

rcw

New
agreed.. exaggerate it to try to get anything but the bent left they are used to. Maybe flat "feels" arched to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.