Lag Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the pivot sets the Lag to start the downswing, is it the Counterfall that is the catalyst that sustains the lag the rest of the way?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
If.

If the pivot sets the Lag to start the downswing, is it the Counterfall that is the catalyst that sustains the lag the rest of the way?

If you HAVE a "counterfall" it is what STARTS the pivot on the downstroke.

So—in effect—IT loads the lag.

What SUSTAINS IT is the pivot continuing to pivot, and the now already loaded rest of the POWER PACKAGE!

It seems as though Counterfall would certainly get a player to the left side to start the downswing so weight shift should be a no brainer.

It seems as though Counterfall would certainly get a player to the left side to start the downswing so weight shift should be a no brainer.
New to this forum but as a single digit hdcp. player, I just let the coiled backswing torque between upper and lower body, uncoil. Is that counterfall?
Also, I worked on increasing lag many years ago and it certainly was a key to getting many strokes off my handicap.
At age 62, I still drive the ball carry average 260 and my iron distances match many tour pro's except of course Tiger, Phil and other bombers.
Anyway, just wanted to throw my two cents in here.
Interesting posts.

New to this forum but as a single digit hdcp. player, I just let the coiled backswing torque between upper and lower body, uncoil. Is that counterfall?
Also, I worked on increasing lag many years ago and it certainly was a key to getting many strokes off my handicap.
At age 62, I still drive the ball carry average 260 and my iron distances match many tour pro's except of course Tiger, Phil and other bombers.
Anyway, just wanted to throw my two cents in here.
Interesting posts.

How did you work on increasing your lag?

How did you work on increasing your lag?

1. I worked on maintaining the angle of the right hand at pre impact position where the right hand in bent back and left hand is flat.
2. Worked on drills such as bringing the butt end of the club more down the ball to target line
3. Worked on timing and tempo to avoid early release

If you HAVE a "counterfall" it is what STARTS the pivot on the downstroke.

So—in effect—IT loads the lag.

What SUSTAINS IT is the pivot continuing to pivot, and the now already loaded rest of the POWER PACKAGE!

Do you believe in putting the brakes on the Pivot at some point to thrust the Power Package and eventually the club? Is this what is meant by the Gear Train effect?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.