lagging club head takeaway and shots from the rough

Status
Not open for further replies.
When hitting a shot from the rough, the age old wisdom is to hinge the wrists early to create a steeper descent into the ball. Is this still true with the SD pattern? If so, how is it accomplished with a lagging club head?:confused:

This is a good question Hogan55... I have used the lagging club head takeaway from the rough. I have been able to lag the club with an increase in vertical takeaway with more of a V shape ascent and descent on the ball verses a U Shape take away and ascent.

moorejr12

This is a good question Hogan55... I have used the lagging club head takeaway from the rough. I have been able to lag the club with an increase in vertical takeaway with more of a V shape ascent and descent on the ball verses a U Shape take away and ascent.

moorejr12

I have found myself hitting shots from the rough a tad fat...our rough is not thick but the ball settles down into a "nest". I am sure Brian has a tip.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
LCT in the rough?

Why not?

The thing you NEED in the rough is sorta an exaggerated NHA2 type swing.

Whether or not you "lagged the clubhead" in the takeaway would not matter that much.

You need STEEPNESS, and OUTSIDE-IN-ness, and of course, and open face & brute strength. :eek:

Why not?

The thing you NEED in the rough is sorta an exaggerated NHA2 type swing.

Whether or not you "lagged the clubhead" in the takeaway would not matter that much.

You need STEEPNESS, and OUTSIDE-IN-ness, and of course, and open face & brute strength. :eek:

how do you get the steepess? Brute Strength out of the question for me!:D

What do you think is the best way to start on OTT? I have worked hard on replanting the left foot to alleviate that move. Also..how do you judge how much to open the face?

Thanks!

i would guess the best way to start OTT is the carry move, or ball hurdle drill, as shown in nha...

as for the face, i dunno...talent, feel, practice, trial and error?

Status
Not open for further replies.