lagging the hosel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dariusz J.

In the "pressure Points..." thread Brian wrote:

..."monitoring" your #4 Pressure point would tell you if your "PIVOT is MOVING a RESISTING left arm" or you have arm-moving-the-arms syndrome.

I wonder if I am far from truth when saying that arm-moving-the-arms syndrome is not also a cause of lagging the hosel situation. If pivot is good there are less chances to lag the hosel since the very pivot closes the clubface. When I started to "monitor" my #4 PP closely when wanting to play a fade I started to hit a pull . A pull is a sister of a fade, thus, it seems that a bit different "clubface angle work" will bring fades.

Happy New Year to all !

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Ah....no...

Guess Hogan, Leadbetter, Penick, Price, Els are all wrong in their books when they state the right elbow should be at the right hip on downswing.

I don't think you "get it"

You can lag the hosel OR lag the SWEETSPOT and have the elbow wherEVER you wish.

The QUESTION was

How do you STOP from LAGGING THE HOSEL (something Hogan, Leadbetter, Penick, Price, & Els, doesn't even know exists)?

Well, you STOP "LAGGING THE HOSEL" by ROTATING the SWEETSPOT OFF of the plane, and getting your right forefinger knuckle (#3 pressure point) "behind" the sweetspot, or if you like, on the aft side of the grip.

You COULD DO IT with your elbow at your side (something, btw, I never have EVER used in 25 years of teaching golf as a key), or you could do it with your elbow somewhere else.

But...

you absolutely, positively, would NEVER, EVER cure someone who is lagging the hosel, by getting the elbow at the side.

Got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.