Laser training and swinging left

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started working on my swing plane yet again. Typically, I use either a laser device or miniature flashlights on both ends of a shaft as a swing trainer. Here are my two questions...

1. Have you had success with these trainers?

2. When you are at the 3 o'clock position on the follow through (head is 12 o'clock, feet are 6 o'clock as seen from face on), where should the laser point? I'm guessing the target line? If so, does swinging left alter that relationship at all?

Thanks!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I have started working on my swing plane yet again. Typically, I use either a laser device or miniature flashlights on both ends of a shaft as a swing trainer. Here are my two questions...

1. Have you had success with these trainers?

2. When you are at the 3 o'clock position on the follow through (head is 12 o'clock, feet are 6 o'clock as seen from face on), where should the laser point? I'm guessing the target line? If so, does swinging left alter that relationship at all?

Thanks!

Lasers are great for plane plane, useless for TRUE PATH.

But, you need to learn to control both.

I would ONLY try to trace a straight line from halfway down to most of the way through.

Took me a long time to work out my fancy laser was only useful for Brian's description on full shots.

I still don't get the difference between plane plane and true path, it's almost there in my head but not quite

The thing that opened my eyes the most was how low the clubhead exits to the left if you stay on plane. I was looking at a swing sequence of Sergio Garcia and noticed his club his below his shoulder line at the 3 o'clock position.

Status
Not open for further replies.