Latest swings from the Doc - Diagnose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from being generally useless ?.

Distance is disappointing, Tend to hit a few blocks, ball doesnt curve much but straight right is an issue.

thanks

1. mid body hands at address
2. De-energise your arms/hands
3. step on your right foot going back then step on your left foot to start the downswing move and try to get that left hip to turn more once your weight is on the left hip.
It looks like the arm motion and pivot motion is too close together. Try and get your pivot one step ahead of your arm motion.
Once you de energise your arms and get your pivot one step ahead it won't look like your pulling so much with your left arm.
Just my opinion,
Matt

Swingdoc,
I never saw a left foot 'pitty-pat' in the backswing before. kinda neat! I am curious what your thinking is in incorporating that in your swing.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I'd experiment with sideyards suggestions while working on shallowing out your downswing and feeling a "toss' release and practice pointing the shaft butt end a little right of the target in the finish area.

Swingdoc,
I never saw a left foot 'pitty-pat' in the backswing before. kinda neat! I am curious what your thinking is in incorporating that in your swing.

Excellent biomechanics drill, I tend to take the club away with lower body and get it inside to quickly and also get hips moving towards target on backswing. This gets weight moving to inside of right thigh and keeps width between by knees.

Another good one is to put a piece of wood in between feet held in place and "pitty pat" then both whilst turning upper body, makes a big difference.

Thanks for comments as well kevin, quick question - toss release?, de energise arms ?

Thanks for the dvd referral as well but am not really a slicer, more of a block on my bad ones really

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Excellent biomechanics drill, I tend to take the club away with lower body and get it inside to quickly and also get hips moving towards target on backswing. This gets weight moving to inside of right thigh and keeps width between by knees.

Another good one is to put a piece of wood in between feet held in place and "pitty pat" then both whilst turning upper body, makes a big difference.

Thanks for comments as well kevin, quick question - toss release?, de energise arms ?

Thanks for the dvd referral as well but am not really a slicer, more of a block on my bad ones really

I'm assuming you and your teacher are working toward a certain impact look and to me it looks a bit forced, really pulling hard into impact and hanging on to that flat left wrist. A toss is a very efficient yet powerful way to release some of the bend in your right wrist post impact. Do a search here for details.

Good luck.

Doc:
how do you post on swingacademy? can you use any camera, or did you specifically do yours in slo mo?

Fairly self explanatory. Just sign up for an account. Any digital camera with video function will do. just go to upload video, It automatically slows the swing down but you can adjust speed on the page

westy

New
right hand

Your right hand looks funny.
It looks way too weak, not matching your top hand.
Turning it under the club more will shut the face down quicker, which will stop it going right all the time.

that's the 1st time i've seen that too...pretty wild!

i am curious abt this diagnosis as well...
???

Too steep, cutting across the ball with a hold off move. Needs more work on the other side of the matrix(NSA). If I were him, I'd learn to swing more right and hit a powerful draw for awhile.

Too steep, cutting across the ball with a hold off move. Needs more work on the other side of the matrix(NSA). If I were him, I'd learn to swing more right and hit a powerful draw for awhile.

I think your right with the hold off move there singer, probably because i used to flip badly so have exagerated the "held off" feeling to get flw. You think i am ott ?.

quick question - matrix (NSA) , what does this mean ?. cheers

Brian's concept of swing patterns ranging from draw bias to fade bias. Namely:

Never Slice Again (NSA)
Soft Draw
Do it Right
Soft Fade
Never Hook Again

NSA, Soft Draw, and NHA have been released on DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.