Leadbetter aid/grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twofold question here:

First, what do you all think of Leadbetter's swing setter aid here:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/l...eg.net/graphics/product_images/p2008729dt.jpg

Second, I notice that if you conform your left hand into the grip Leadbetter calls for, its a bit more strong and turned than Manzella neutral. I have actually had better results with stronger grip, but what swing variations come into play when not using Manzella neutral? e.g., angled hinging v. horizontal or slight left wrist cup at the top.

Thanks.

Archieswivel, I tend to play with a stronger grip as well and I do have the Leadbetter swing-setter.

I think I like the device, but not sure how to properly set it going back as to me it feels like you have to fling the club to the top with the body versus using the shoulders to set the club (regardless of the ball settings). I have heard this from many PGA instructors as well.

Anyone else have the same feedback?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
archie...there's no difference really. It's just a matter of a "perfectly flat left wrist" versus a "geometrically" flat left wrist. Because manzella neutral has the V's at your chin...it will be PERFECTLY flat. If you have a strong single action grip (a litte more turned and pointing to the right shoulder) there will be a very small "cup" and be GEOMETRICALLY flat.

Link to the thread i put up before with pictures below:
http://www.manzellagolfforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2508&SearchTerms=flat

swing setter was inspired by john weavers power release and leadbetter had to get his permission to make the swing setter. if you want to see the aide I am talking about go to www.rovergolf.com
He is a tgmer. personnaly i tried the swing setter and I took it back to the store. The force of a 2 ounce magnetic ball being released at 100 mph and then stopping abrubtly will probably cause someone to hurt themselves, something like tennis elbow. actually I Would not be suprised if he gets suid by someone.

quote:Originally posted by shootin4par

swing setter was inspired by john weavers power release and leadbetter had to get his permission to make the swing setter. if you want to see the aide I am talking about go to www.rovergolf.com
He is a tgmer. personnaly i tried the swing setter and I took it back to the store. The force of a 2 ounce magnetic ball being released at 100 mph and then stopping abrubtly will probably cause someone to hurt themselves, something like tennis elbow. actually I Would not be suprised if he gets suid by someone.

thats interesting as the one shown in your link is actually "inspired" by this one:

http://www.golfjustlikethepros.com/Power_Release_Indicator.htm

if I am not mistaken

Regarding the Swingsetter... won't it encourage hacks to 'cock' the right wrist to get in the desired position on the way back?

quote:Originally posted by brianman

"insipired" by the "SWINGER" from the 60's...

Brian,

in this case I know the story behind the scenes

i know what u mean re the 60s thing and there was probably even something b4 that

ideas can be a grey area unless patented ( i know thats not a guarantee either :) )

do u ever get ideas that come to you or in dreams

or

can u attribute every idea you ever had to someone else

You can build something better from a paper cup. Anything which will help you keep the shaft up in the air on the DS is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.