Letting the arms swing from the shoulders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Brian talks a lot about letting the arms swing from the shoulders. Anybody have any ideas on how to make/let this happen? I feel that my arms are a bit too connected to my pivot, which is why I'm asking.

I know that Brian talks a lot about letting the arms swing from the shoulders. Anybody have any ideas on how to make/let this happen? I feel that my arms are a bit too connected to my pivot, which is why I'm asking.

I am wondering about the same issue too. I am largely too bulky in the middle and the chest for my height (ahemmm... short for being too fat :).

I am trying to swing my arms free from my chest and it results in a smoother flowing swing motion. Will update in a couple of days time once I put it to test on the course.

arms/body too connected?

It seems like to me that you want the arms and the body connected just that sometimes it helps to have the body one step ahead of the arms to initiate the backswing as in the Soft Draw video.

When you are swinging "dem orms" you almost feel like the pivot makes your arms go where they go and your arms are almost just ropes. The pivot leads and depdning on your downswing action may have to wait for those ropelike things that are attached to your shoulders to fall without any slack ever coming out in the backswing or downswing.

When you are swinging "dem orms" you almost feel like the pivot makes your arms go where they go and your arms are almost just ropes. The pivot leads and depdning on your downswing action may have to wait for those ropelike things that are attached to your shoulders to fall without any slack ever coming out in the backswing or downswing.

Brian also said...pull the arms...not push....I think once you get that you can use your pivot.

Brian and Ernie really know their stuff...

This has transformed my ballstriking overnight...literally. I think I have this licked, until the golfing god bastards try and take it away. Now I understand what Brians saying, when he says "hit it with your pivot", for me this helps me more than thinking about "snapping the chain", I tend to stop my pivot when thinking of that. I FEEL like I really have to work it with my core, because I've really never done that, while also, not letting the swing center move too far forward. Yesterday I was so pissed and flustered I actually lost it on the range and just started bawling, today I went back to Earnest Jones pure swinging and working the core...amazing. Yesterday I flipped,lunged,slid,at it. Today, pure swinging, some 7-irons went 190...will post swing soon to show the differences and the changes I made.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

You definately have to get 'em up in the first place so they can dump down.

Status
Not open for further replies.