Losing spine angle at impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian and others,

My video camera shows that I am standing up almost straight at impact, especially with my driver. As a result, my drives tend to be very thin, even topped at times.

In your experience, does this loss of spine angle stem from simply forgetting to pay attention to it, or is the standing up more commonly the result of something that happens earlier in the downswing? In either case, what might be a good remedy?

I constantly struggle to flatten my downswing, but I notice that the loss of spine angle occurs even on my good (more shallow and on-plane) downswings.

Thank you.

gumper

Brian and others,

My video camera shows that I am standing up almost straight at impact, especially with my driver. As a result, my drives tend to be very thin, even topped at times.

In your experience, does this loss of spine angle stem from simply forgetting to pay attention to it, or is the standing up more commonly the result of something that happens earlier in the downswing? In either case, what might be a good remedy?

I constantly struggle to flatten my downswing, but I notice that the loss of spine angle occurs even on my good (more shallow and on-plane) downswings.

Thank you.

gumper

either you dont get enoug of your mass and ur, ahem, ass side (dtl view) or on to your left heel as you come into impact, which causes you to lift up to avoid you faliing over.

or you have a very wide release or throwaway which if you didnt stand up you'd hit the ground about a foot behind then ball so you lift up to create space for the wide release.

so either try to feel your weight go to your left heel more in the transition or try to build a later, deeper release to take away the need to stand up

post your swing

Let the forum members take a look.

To add to Pecky's comments, you may be like me and get swinging too much out to right field. That will make you create some room by lifting up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.