Loss of angle, lag whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

benk

New
Brian or any of those that would like to chip in. I have always had a good amount of lag into impact, but for some reason, when I started to play golf again after the winter, I had a big loss of "angle". I would get to the point where my left arm is parallel to the ground fine [ maybe slight cast, but ok ], and then it would just all go out. I have pretty much zero forward shaft lean, and my distance has suffered, though its still not that bad.

I was wondering what the main primary causes are of this. I noticed in my video compared to Ben Hogans, for example, that my right knee goes toward the target drastically as I shift to my left side, for a short iron shot, almost touching. I belive this to be the problem, but don't really know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Brian or any of those that would like to chip in. I have always had a good amount of lag into impact, but for some reason, when I started to play golf again after the winter, I had a big loss of "angle". I would get to the point where my left arm is parallel to the ground fine [ maybe slight cast, but ok ], and then it would just all go out. I have pretty much zero forward shaft lean, and my distance has suffered, though its still not that bad.

I was wondering what the main primary causes are of this. I noticed in my video compared to Ben Hogans, for example, that my right knee goes toward the target drastically as I shift to my left side, for a short iron shot, almost touching. I belive this to be the problem, but don't really know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

You have an open clubface, combined with an off plane right shoulder, and no axis tilt. This all leads to making you straighten your right arm SOONER causing you to "lose the angle" as you say.

I can create the biggest leg drive you've ever seen and still look like i have a maximum trigger delay. Now, am i going to thin the ball? Probably, lol, BUT i'm still going to have that angle.

Do a search on this site for confessions of a former flipper (video), buy and watch as many times as needed to sink it. Search for on plane right shoulder/axis tilt to learn what those are and why you need them.

Lastly search for never slice again/twistaway to help you with why you have an open clubface issue.

Have fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.