manzella academy: nha customized question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can hit it left to right, but when i do i get:
success: eight iron starts out five yards left and fades to target - driver starts pretty much at target and fades 5-10 yards.
failure: eight iron balloons then cuts - carries about 20 yards less than it should :(
driver: starts about 15 yards right then cuts more...

thanks for the help

Reading this thread again, and particularly the above: I think you have a good player's "wipe".

Basically you always have an open face relative to your path and your path varies a little bit within a fairly narrow but acceptable range.

The fix could be a little Hogan-esque:

Feel that you "roll" your right hand a little clock-wise (open if you will) on the backswing so you can roll counter-clockwise (or palm it down) through impact.

Keep the swing left thought (path) while your right hand "palms down" through impact.

Simpler explanation: open the face so you slam it down through impact.

Good players can do this while not altering their overall swing plane.

Well, I'm no expert, so it's not a surprise that you've stumped me!

lol
But it sounds to me like you are capable of missing it way left ("pretty big hook") AND way right ("huge push fade").
surely i'm not the only one ?!?

So you need a customized pattern that helps you control face and path.
indeed...especially the "face" part.

My guess is that if you took a lesson from Brian he would very quickly size you up and figure out a plan to fix one and then the other, or somehow do both.
no doubt.

Can you use NHA but not get the clubface so open that you hit it well right?

it is funny you mentioned this, because i started this thread asking about nha with twistaway!
thanks for the help fronesis.

Feel that you "roll" your right hand a little clock-wise (open if you will) on the backswing so you can roll counter-clockwise (or palm it down) through impact.

Keep the swing left thought (path) while your right hand "palms down" through impact.

Simpler explanation: open the face so you slam it down through impact.

Good players can do this while not altering their overall swing plane.

basically, just save the twistaway for the downswing, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.