More pics of O'grady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted some stills of O'grady that were taken the same day as the videos in Tucson. There are two different swings. Pics A thru D are all from the same swing and pics E thru H are all from the same swing. They can be viewed on my Putfile site.

http://www.putfile.com/powerpro

Thanks - first videos I've ever seen of Mac. Notice that he explodes the myth that you must go to both arms straight past separation - his right arm NEVER straightens. He's the antithesis of Holmes and Schaeffer!

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
You don't HAVE to go to both arms straight. There are quite a few great players who don't or didn't at one point or another. Lanny Wadkins, David Toms, Buddy Gardner, etc. For medical reasons - Calvin Peete, Ed Furgol. I was told (by bew69) that Mac does it also for medical reasons (he had several surgeries on his arm).

djd

New
quote:Originally posted by Biffer

I just posted some stills of O'grady that were taken the same day as the videos in Tucson. There are two different swings. Pics A thru D are all from the same swing and pics E thru H are all from the same swing. They can be viewed on my Putfile site.

biffer- i know mac is known for his ball striking prowess, was he striking it pure, that is among the "best of the best" while you were observing him at the Chrysler, in general, and in these pics, in particular.

thanks for posting the pics and vids.

quote:Originally posted by djd

quote:Originally posted by Biffer

biffer- i know mac is known for his ball striking prowess, was he striking it pure, that is among the "best of the best" while you were observing him at the Chrysler, in general, and in these pics, in particular.

thanks for posting the pics and vids.

Mac wasn't at his best that day. He got off to a bad start with a couple of early bogeys and it looked like he just couldn't settle down. He looked great on the range, only hit about 3 drivers. He had some trouble with his wedges from 110 yds or so. He came up short of the green by 10 to 12 yards at least twice while I was watching. I only followed him for 7 holes. Although it was a sunny day, it could be that the cool temperature affected him early on in the round. When I got to the course the temperature was about 38 and the first groups teed off with a slight frost on the ground. I followed Mac for 15 holes at the FBR Open Qualifier and he played extremely well that day. Pat Bates, who played with Mac that day, told me that he was very impressed with Mac's game. Mike Allen was also in the threesome and it appeared that he and Mac spent a good deal of time talking about the golf swing. I got a hunch they will get together for a lesson someday soon. Glad you liked the pics. I had to be careful not to disturb the players so they aren't quite the best angles. I have more pics of other players I will put up later.

quote:Originally posted by Tom Bartlett

You don't HAVE to go to both arms straight.

I was refering to 6-H-0-C of the Hands Imperatives - "Take all Strokes to the Both Arms Straight Position(8-11)."

Status
Not open for further replies.