My Dad needs help - swing analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwat

New
Hey guys, my dad needs help with his swing and he really isn't listening to what I am suggesting. I was hoping maybe you guys could suggest some simple adjustments or what not.

His misses right now are fat or pull hooks. And he is obviously raising up but can't get him to stay down.

YouTube - Driver back viewThanks in advance for your input.

the fat hooks are from the early release which always comes with that much posture loss. If he learns to stay down he'd hit it really fat. I guess Brian recommended drivers off the deck to get rid of throwaway? or get some turn through?

Jwat

New
the fat hooks are from the early release which always comes with that much posture loss. If he learns to stay down he'd hit it really fat. I guess Brian recommended drivers off the deck to get rid of throwaway? or get some turn through?

I agree, any other suggestions on staying down?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Clubhead starts too soon and too flat. Out of sequence. he might want to try a little "step on the right foot" backswing. His is totally out of order. Early roll, late turn/lift, throw.

His body IMO should be turned much more early in the swing with the club in front and the right arm on top of the left.

Jwat

New
Clubhead starts too soon and too flat. Out of sequence. he might want to try a little "step on the right foot" backswing. His is totally out of order. Early roll, late turn/lift, throw.

His body IMO should be turned much more early in the swing with the club in front and the right arm on top of the left.

Thank you Kevin. Always great responses. I will work with him on this. He hates doing drills so these suggestions are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.