My Golf Swing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobk

New
Click on My home page link above to see my swing sequence.

Please, anyone is welcome to offer their comments. Make a serious, or Joking comment its up to you.

I am very interested in Brians feed back aswell as others in this forum.

This was taken about 2 years ago I'm swining a 6 iron.

Thank you, in advance for your comments. :) ;)

You look stiff and off-balance.
Your arms and body are not working together.

Relax
Soften hands and your body.
Rotate around the spine with the shoulders–˜NO SWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Start your swing in SLO MOTION concentrating on perfect balance.
Start the downswing by unwinding the shoulders in SLO MOTION and allow gravity to bring the club head down to the ball.

rwh

New
At first, I thought this was Ben Curtis. :)

There's a lot to like, but here is what I see that you could work on:

1. Left Wrist has a lot of bend at the top and half-way down and the club face is way open at the top. You probably "flip" your hands to keep from slicing. You need to get that Left Wrist Flat. Check out Brian's "Never Slice Again" for his "Twist-away" move.

2. Club inside on the takeaway and have a bit of an over the top move coming down. You need to get on-plane with the club and move your right shoulder on plane coming down. Flashlight or dowel drills will help the clubshaft plane problem. Brian's "Drunk Off Your Back" Pivot will help bring that right shoulder more "down" and on-plane.

3. You appear to be a Swinger. However, you appear to be forcefully pulling with both of your arms coming down instead of using your pivot motion to do the "work". This is partially because your shoulder is moving out at the start of the downswing (#2 above) and you're sensing the club moving too far out. Let your "gyroscopic" pivot and centrifugal force do your "work" and your impact position will look more like photo #7 in the down-the-line view.

EdZ

New
Key on extensor action. You get a bit narrow going back, and a restricted pivot coming through. Backswing face on view looks very nice except for the slight sway. Looks like your right foot is not square, which is probably why. Load into the 'post' of your right leg and use that to 'push off' through impact - drill stepping through ala Player as well as the 'ball under right foot' drill. This will keep you more centered and moving the entire triangle 'through', rather than just an arm swing.

Nice motion.

bobk

New
Thank you for your comments.

I noticed that I didn't comment on the ball flight. The ball traved 175 yards and was fairly straight 1 or 2 yard draw at the most.

Bobk

DDL

New
Looks very sharp. The one thing I noticed was your posture from the down the line view looks like it has collapsed a bit. The forward bend at the waist has straightened up because your rear has moved closer to the target line. Thus your right forearm doesn't look like it has enough room 'underneath' the body.

4D1

New
Bent left wrist- is left hand grip rotated too far clockwise?
Shaft should be either pointing to target line or parallel to it at all times. Are you misses snap hookers?

Frame 5 shows that you've done a great job of maintaing Left Wrist cock deep into the downswing for an automatic snap release.

As before, in the preimpact frame you have great wristcock retention and shaft position. At Impact, it looks like you need a stiffer shaft with that much toe droop. The Finish is as good as than anything you would see at a tour event.

bobk

New
Mizuno,

Thank you for the post.

FYI I formerly player with DG S400, but I lost some zip when I hurt my back. X100 always seemed to stiff for me mentally, not fitting vs. the S400.

bobk,

Maybe you have been listening to too many old school thoughts about shaft flex. It has nothing to do with Swing Speed or handicap level. There could be a 50 yr old hacker properly fitted with an X100 and a tour player properly fitted with an S300.

bobk

New
Miz,

I agree with the idea of getting fitted properly.

I've played a DGS 300 or 400 shaft in for about 12 years now. When I go to my semi-yearly fitting with the sales rep. or spec. van, I just swing, they ask how it feels, and if I like the ball flight/traj.. I've always liked a softer feel in shafts. I tend to go with what ever the Titleist people tell me.

Thanks for the comments, please respond again if you'd like.

I'd be interested in what Brian says about that amount of droop. Seems that either you hit a lot of toe shots, or you've compensated by adjusting your aiming point.

Status
Not open for further replies.