My son's swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there is a junior clinic/coach to take him to.

I would be hard pressed to mess with a swing that is working.

Yes there are definitely PGA guys in the area. The problem is we hear all the time that some guys teach junk and they don't even know the correct ball flight laws, etc. I'm deathly afraid that I'll send him to the wrong coach. That's why I came here, I trust Brian and company. I appreciate the members that have commented but honestly I have no idea who they area. They could be great teachers or they could have limited knowledge like myself, I have no clue. I was hoping one of the "big guys" would comment but for some reason they have chosen not to so I will have to go somewhere else which is fine. Thanks

He just won a tournament by 6 shots. He barely lost a tournament before that and admittedly he was not playing well. It's understandable you want him to do the best he can but you're treading on some shaky ground. He's got talent and will always have talent. Good luck to you both.

Played in his 2nd tourney today and won by 6 strokes. Still not sure if anything should be changed, scared I will lead him down the wrong path.

Congratulations, what a baller!

The only thing that needs to be changed right now, is the opinion that something needs to be changed.

Encourage his development, without tinkering. That's the challenge.

Don't take him to anyone with a good reputation working at a good club in the area - they are almost always the duds. Take him to someone who everyone says is a crackpot - like they used to say about Manz.

Status
Not open for further replies.