My Trackman Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally went to Auld Golf today in Kannapolis, NC for a Trackman session. Great golf store run by Tom, who is a great guy. It's a simple set up, and you can hit without being bothered very easily. Very productive time spent there.

Anyways, Kevin encouraged me to "post up" my numbers, so here it is. Let me know what to make of them.

6-iron

95.4 - Club Speed
-1.2 - Attack Angle
-0.3 - Club Path
54.5 - Vert. Swing Plane
-1.1 - Horiz. Swing Plane
24.0 - Dyn. Loft
-0.7 - Face Angle
130.5 - Ball Speed
1.37 - Smash Factor
20.1 - Vert. Angle
-0.6 - Horiz. Angle
5065 - Spin Rate
-0.6 - Spin Axis
42.1 - Max Height
194.0 - Carry
-3.4 - Side
6.85 - Flight Time
51.2 - Landing Angle

4-iron

99.8 - Club Speed
-0.4 - Attack Angle
-0.2 - Club Path
53.2 - Vert. Swing Plane
-0.6 - Horiz. Swing Plane
18.3 - Dyn. Loft
-1.7 - Face Angle
140.2 - Ball Speed
1.40 - Smash Factor
15.8 - Vert. Angle
-1.4 - Horiz. Angle
3713 - Spin Rate
-3.3 - Spin Axis
35.8 - Max Height
224.5 - Carry
-9.9 - Side
6.71 - Flight Time
43.7 - Landing Angle

Driver

111.3 - Club Speed
0.1 - Attack Angle
1.8 - Club Path
48.0 - Vert. Swing Plane
1.9 - Horiz. Swing Plane
14.5 - Dyn. Loft
-3.0 - Face Angle
165.6 - Ball Speed
1.49 - Smash Factor
13.1 - Vert. Angle
-2.4 - Horiz. Angle
2351 - Spin Rate
-12.2 - Spin Axis
34.0 - Max Height
281.2 - Carry
-31.6 - Side
6.67 - Flight Time
36.4 - Landing Angle

Looking now, I realize that the driver had some big hooks :eek:. It's weird because it didn't FEEL like I was hooking it that badly. Curious as to whether or not the indoor setting may have influenced the readings? 2 of the 7 drives that were recorded were just really bad snappers that I maybe shouldn't have included in the averages. Last time I played was on Tuesday, and I don't remember hooking it that much.

By the way, can anyone tell me how to upload the PDF files I have from the session? It has a shot by shot breakdown, which would be helpful to see as well.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I have doubts about the driver carry distance based on clubhead speed, Attack angle, spin loft and ball speed. Obviously good player numbers.

Iron vertical swing plane that low with minimal attack angle and alot of dynamic loft would be the numbers that would get my attention. Seems like you hit high knuckle balls.

Just from looking at numbers only, vert swing plane should come up with A^A and dynamic loft should go down.

What kind of balls were used? And what kind of mat?

The "mat" question is a good one. I remember being told that I had a positive attack angle with my wedges, which is not at all what happens on the golf course. I think that players may swing/hit shots differently on different kinds of mats than they may on real turf.

I have doubts about the driver carry distance based on clubhead speed, Attack angle, spin loft and ball speed. Obviously good player numbers.

Iron vertical swing plane that low with minimal attack angle and alot of dynamic loft would be the numbers that would get my attention. Seems like you hit high knuckle balls.

Just from looking at numbers only, vert swing plane should come up with A^A and dynamic loft should go down.

What kind of balls were used? And what kind of mat?

I would agree with your driver assessment. The numbers seemed off. But it was indoors, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Not sure what you're getting at with the vertical swing plane numbers. I do hit some high knuckles though. It seems like I catch fliers from the fairway sometimes.

I used my own Pro V1x balls (with the little silver sticker on it) and hit off a completely worn down mat. I might as well have been hitting off the floor.

Any suggestions?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
My guess is if you steepened the hand path you could turn the sweetspot more out and on top of the ball for a better angle into it and more spin.

Thanks for the nums

Holeout,

I recall video of your swing you posted a while back with a description of your common miss--a slight push fade that can sometimes be a problem (correct?).

Because this is something I've dealt with, I was interested in your progress and trackman numbers. Like your action too. :)

Did you hit any of these "rightish" shots during the session? From the data, your irons look like small pull draws, but the driver swing is a totally different animal.

I guess my main question about the Trackman data is: if you hit any of the push fades like you described in your swing video posting, were they with an out/in or in/out path? Earlier I would have guessed an in/out path with slightly open face--I'm not so sure now.

Regards

Holeout,

I recall video of your swing you posted a while back with a description of your common miss--a slight push fade that can sometimes be a problem (correct?).

Because this is something I've dealt with, I was interested in your progress and trackman numbers. Like your action too. :)

Did you hit any of these "rightish" shots during the session? From the data, your irons look like small pull draws, but the driver swing is a totally different animal.

I guess my main question about the Trackman data is: if you hit any of the push fades like you described in your swing video posting, were they with an out/in or in/out path? Earlier I would have guessed an in/out path with slightly open face--I'm not so sure now.

Regards

As soon as the snow goes away (very harsh winter for NC), I'm going to post up some new swings. The old push-fade is pretty much a distant memory for me ;).

The swing I put up last year would absolutely NOT produce the numbers you see above.

As soon as the snow goes away (very harsh winter for NC), I'm going to post up some new swings. The old push-fade is pretty much a distant memory for me ;).

The swing I put up last year would absolutely NOT produce the numbers you see above.

OK...let me try again.;) If you aren't hitting the push-fade anymore, what are you doing differently? Or, what was the cause of them previously (in your mind)?

Just seems like there are some current threads that are dealing with this general issue, but they aren't really coming to a resolution/conclusion. Thx.

OK...let me try again.;) If you aren't hitting the push-fade anymore, what are you doing differently? Or, what was the cause of them previously (in your mind)?

Just seems like there are some current threads that are dealing with this general issue, but they aren't really coming to a resolution/conclusion. Thx.

I will try to video tomorrow. It's difficult to explain if you can't see what's going on. Hopefully it sheds some light on things.

Unless they have those mats that give to them, then I don't see how you are going to have the same angle of attack that would generate a divot on grass. You could hit down 5 degrees, but you are either going to break your club or your wrist! Mats ten to make me swing down less steeply.

I remember hitting balls one time at a range in Charlotte and the ball was launching extra high and going much higher than my regular trajectory. The mats were like hitting off 4" high rubber and a thin layer of artificial grass.

Matt

If this works as advertised, then it's a perfect solution for my practice sessions. As previously posted, I have a local city owned course 10 minutes away that has a shag area. The grass tee areas are regularly cut, but not what you would see at a nicer club. The point is that I am spending a fair amount of time cleaning clubs during the session.

It also may solve another problem. You go to the trouble of setting up your camera and getting it aligned. Then you hit some irons. Now you have to shift position to get out of the divot and the alignment is now off.

Front yard has seen the occasional short chip shot. With this I could stay out there for a while. She might throw this thing in the trash!

Ok, I posted some new swings up in an old thread where I asked for help from the forum. I figured that thread would be a better place to put them.

This is not the swing that produced these Trackman numbers. Grip is much more neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.