Nationwide Tour: Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
these guys could play corner in the NFL or point guard in the NBA

Haven't heard it said Faux but obviously the wee guys would get killed on a pro football field. Bulk and strength are mandatory there. You are applying a large force to a massive and accelerating body.

Basketball not so sure. Steve Nash? (My homey)

Drew

It is Johnny, but speed and sequencing are produced by a body with strength, mobility, stability, balance. And no, Yoga is not all about putting your legs behind your head as you know. Yoga is too often characterized by flexibilty alone. The spaghetti poses get all the attention. But I think that total body strength is essential if you are going to execute the eight angle pose , for example:

HP_214_Astavakrasana_248.jpg

Drew

Can I see a DTL view?

Don't let the uniforms fool ya, Nash would be one of the biggest guys on Tour.

Harris English (the winner, 6'3" 170) and Peter Uihlein (6'1" 190 but I don't believe the weight) were a couple of the tallest guys I saw. Also, skinny as a rail (especially compared to me). Obviously they are "golf strong" and have tremendous sequencing.

I'll say I get why P. Uihlein won the U.S. Am at Chambers Bay. His flight was more penetrating, lower, very powerful. Looked like he could play the links style very well. Like I said though he hit a couple of massive slices. I think those two guys are going to be pretty good. The other player that was paired with them, SEC player of the year Bank Vongvanij, looked to be a pretty good player. BUT he was consistently 30-50 yards behind the other two. He struggled a bit just because he was so far behind in the fairway and seemed to press as a result to try to keep up. Overall it was a good experience for me. It was really cool to see really good players on a course that I've played a couple hundred times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.