Need help with upper body lunge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a couple more weeks before I get to see Brian so I went over to the local driving range to have my swing recorded. Sure enough, still flipping a little bit, but what concerned me the most, is that my head and upper body where lunging down and forward towards the ball.

Anyone suffer from this before? If so, any good drills or swing thoughts to fix it?

Erik_K

New
It will be a couple more weeks before I get to see Brian so I went over to the local driving range to have my swing recorded. Sure enough, still flipping a little bit, but what concerned me the most, is that my head and upper body where lunging down and forward towards the ball.

Anyone suffer from this before? If so, any good drills or swing thoughts to fix it?

Verify no reverse pivot and that you are not losing axis tilt.

JeffM

Are you starting the downswing with an upper body move (upper body dive) or a lower body move (hip shift-rotation move)? If the former, it could explain your problem.

Jeff.

the first thing I would check is to put a dot on your C7/point between the shoulder blades, at address, and at the top of your backswing is your c7 in front of that or behind it.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Your clubface is open and you are losing your axis tilt through the ball to save it from going right.

Work on the twistaway and putting the face "on the movie screen" through the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.