New Driver Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRJ

New
Hey guys I'm in the market for a new driver to replace my Ping G2. What does the Manzella Staff and/or some of the Forum members recommend? I also have a question - if high launch and low spin is what you want, why are some drivers being marketed as "mid spin?" Wouldn't you always want the low-spin driver?? Thanks. JRJ

ggsjpc

New
ball speed

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new driver to replace my Ping G2. What does the Manzella Staff and/or some of the Forum members recommend? I also have a question - if high launch and low spin is what you want, why are some drivers being marketed as "mid spin?" Wouldn't you always want the low-spin driver?? Thanks. JRJ

someone may want a mid spin driver if they don't generate enough ball speed to keep a low spin shot in the air. it can help slower swing speeds carry the ball farther.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
get fitted, in this order imo:

1) find something you don't mind looking at and would be confident using
2) loft
3) face angle
4) COG
5) shaft

I tried the following drivers

V2 Rapture Ping
Burner 2007
Tour Burner 2008
Superquad r7
Titleist newest driver
Nike Sumo (the round one)
FTI Callaway
FTIQ Callaway
Taylormade R5
Callway FT5

I think the ball position are different between the new technology drivers and the old school drivers. I can't get pass the squarish looking drivers, maybe i'm just too old school. Nike has pretty good shaft IMO. But try them out at your local shop. Oh and FTIQ for 500 dollars, I think i'm gonna pass on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.