new poster: shoulder turn question - plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Brian and all,

I have recently purchased never slice again, soft draw pattern and building blocks and have found them all extremely useful. I am a 16 handicapper and have been playing for 2 years and now well and truly have the bug! Sometimes to my detriment probably as I have spent the last year analysing and watching youtube in the hope of improving!
I stumbled upon Brian on youtube and now completely buy in to his/your methods.
My bad shot is one that is either a straight block right or a slice - I am now in the process of sorting out my club head at impact. Although I'm still fiddling around with wrist cock and hinge.

I have 2 questions:

1) The soft draw pattern says steep shoulder turn with high right elbow at the top of the backswing; Brian's other videos as well as other instructors (and it makes logical sense) say that to hit the inside of the ball (to help me not slice) and help achieve axis tilt then you want a flatter shoulder turn in order to drop the right arm/elbow inside on the downswing. I'm now confused - which is it in order to achieve a soft draw and help with my axis tilt/slice problem?

2) I'm struggling to work out how much to roll my wrists open (i.e. which opens the club face) as my problem is that I don't rotate my wrists at impact?

Thanks in advance,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.