new set of irons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading this forum daily for the last 6 months or so, and want to thank Brian for a wonderful site with great information. I have nsa and flipper, and my ball striking has since greatly improved.

Because of improved swing and play I am looking for a new set of irons, here's my question--how does the TM Forged RAC compare to the R7tp, especially in terms of forgiveness? Also, have any of you hit the R7tp forged (japan release)? Any idea if TM will release a forged version in the US?

Thanks!

i have hit the japans and their nice. however they have just released the new taylormade tp forged irons with the red and yellow paintfill on tp, the tour ones have swirl marks on the face, i have a set with px waiting to come out and play in the summer.

from what i gather, none of the u.s versions will be forged. the japanese issued tp irons are forged. you can get them though from a couple distributors, one of which is from tourspecgolf.com
hope this helps

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
I would not worry too much about the forged/cast question.
They did some testing at TM at Carlsbad with tour players, earmuffs, and cast v/s forged clubs.
98% of tour players could NOT tell the difference.
So the rest of us....

You can't tell the difference between forged/cast? A sweetspot impact with a forged club doesn't even feel like you hit anything. You never get that feel with cast. Does it matter for scoring? Probably not. But theres a difference.

Clubhead-wise.....I have read it comes down to the clubhead shape more than anything. I think Wishon is a guy who supports this view.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
You can't tell the difference between forged/cast? A sweetspot impact with a forged club doesn't even feel like you hit anything. You never get that feel with cast. Does it matter for scoring? Probably not. But theres a difference.

Future,

I use mp67s and don't miss the sweet spot too often. I much prefer the top line of these clubs as well as the 'feel' through the turf.

My point was that the best players in the world can't feel the difference when 'sound' is eliminated from the equation.

Maybe I am deluding myself with my preferences!

So what`are the differences in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.