New to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I new the the forum. I have been reading the Golfing Machine for few months now. I just watch CFF, although Im not have success w/ impact. I'm still flipping and breaking down my left wrist. I took vid of few shots just this am and the evidence is clear. I can acheive the chips and pitch success, however, when I take it to total motion or full shot I seem to be breaking down. I have trouble w/ what my left wrist is doing after impact. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I try this new video as a compliment to CFF? Any input would be appreciated!

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
drew

if the fuller swings are causing you problems make sure you are open enough at impact so that the rotation of your body is ahead of the club coming into impact, if you don't the club will not no choice but to flip

Jim,

I appreciate your response. Im a newcomer to this forum and really struggling to find answers. Regarding your response about the pivot, you know interestingly enough after watching the CFF video I thought the pivot was what was the main cause of the clubhead throwaway. I immediately went to the range implemented more pivot and I didnt seem to find it. Im a 16 handicap flirted w/ 70s on several occasions, but i see now only way Im going to get more consisentent is to work this out w/ flat left wrist/bent right wrist and throwaway. Ive been applying the basic motion and acquired motion for a month now and Im very sure Ive gotten that movement I just cant take it to the full swing. Ive worked w/ a certified golf machine instructor here in Minnesota, although, Im still not able to take it to full swing amd am truly perplexed. My usual shot is a hook. I find trouble left and lack distance in all clubs beyond half shots. Ive read some of your posts and see you an intstructor would you take a look at my swing? I would post it if are willing to take a gander?

thanks

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Welcome.

You are in the right place.

First of all, the Basic Motion and Acquired Motion drills in TGM are very goofy.

I have NEVER used them, and the ones I have used—the Ben Doyle chip, pitch, and punch versions—I almost never use anymore either.

Why?

Because you can basically freeze your wrists on short shots, and that may very well NOT transfer to any full swings.

—————

Secondly, the pivot drills from "Flipper" may make you pivot better, but in general probably won't help you much either.

Answer these questions for me:

1. How strong is your grip?

2. What shot shape do your good shots fly in?

3. Your misses go where?

4. Contact problems are ___________________.

First of all, the Basic Motion and Acquired Motion drills in TGM are very goofy.

I have NEVER used them, and the ones I have used—the Ben Doyle chip, pitch, and punch versions—I almost never use anymore either.

Why?

Because you can basically freeze your wrists on short shots, and that may very well NOT transfer to any full swings.

—————

Secondly, the pivot drills from "Flipper" may make you pivot better, but in general probably won't help you much either.

3. Your misses go where?

Brilliant Post once again Brian. 99 % of golfers out there think your a nutter even using terms Basic and Aquired Motion let alone getting them to follow them.

Why?

—————

3. Your misses go where?

well this would explain why tryin building blocks and even a more TGM literal version of basic motion have helped me so little. the chip, pitch and punch shots worked great, but i could never get the full swing that way.

i always felt i had to much FATS on those shorter shots, and they did lead to very low, and sometimes very left shots (D plane) and the occasional shank.

SD helped me loads more

Why?

—————

What are you using instead, these days?

If you can't hit it solid w/ basic or acquired motion then good luck on total motion. :rolleyes:

Hit the 'lil ones crisp and just keep stretching it (backswing) more and more......

If you can't hit it solid w/ basic or acquired motion then good luck on total motion. :rolleyes:

Hit the 'lil ones crisp and just keep stretching it (backswing) more and more......

point is though, on the little shots, you can use almost all arms and no pivot, all the way up to punch and punch w/ swivel.

this may not be very good when you attempt total motion with the FEELING of little or no pivot, this ma well be very bad for your swing.

Brian thanks for your response.

I think I see what your saying about TGM drills. Maybe thats why Im stuck and cannot seem to take it to full shot w/out flipping the club.

Okay, My grip is I would say neutral. I see 2 knuckles left hand and v of right is probably my right ear. My shots are almost all hooks. My misses are left. Few drives Friday I had 50 yds of hook and still ended up left side of fairway w/ driver in the rough. Difficult for me to discribe a common contact. Probably thin, but I would say I hit fat shots nearly as much.

Do people post there swings on this forum? Im not sure how. I can post it on youtube but it will be full speed.

Brian thanks for your response.

I think I see what your saying about TGM drills. Maybe thats why Im stuck and cannot seem to take it to full shot w/out flipping the club.

Okay, My grip is I would say neutral. I see 2 knuckles left hand and v of right is probably my right ear. My shots are almost all hooks. My misses are left. Few drives Friday I had 50 yds of hook and still ended up left side of fairway w/ driver in the rough. Difficult for me to discribe a common contact. Probably thin, but I would say I hit fat shots nearly as much.

Do people post there swings on this forum? Im not sure how. I can post it on youtube but it will be full speed.

first of all, youtube video is fine. brian can see all he needs to see ;)

secondly, the knuclkes mean little round here

hold the club in your left hand only, and hold your arm out infront of you, parallel to the ground, and make your left wrist flat, so there is no bumps from the knuckles to the forearm.

now look at the club face. if your grip is actually neutral, the clubface will match the back of your left hand.

yours wont ;)

do one of two things. either come back and tell us, in degrees, how much difference ther is between the clubface and the back of your left hand.

or alter your grip so the difference isnt as big, then try brian suggestions

first of all, youtube video is fine. brian can see all he needs to see ;)

secondly, the knuclkes mean little round here

hold the club in your left hand only, and hold your arm out infront of you, parallel to the ground, and make your left wrist flat, so there is no bumps from the knuckles to the forearm.

now look at the club face. if your grip is actually neutral, the clubface will match the back of your left hand.

yours wont ;)

do one of two things. either come back and tell us, in degrees, how much difference ther is between the clubface and the back of your left hand.

or alter your grip so the difference isnt as big, then try brian suggestions
your right face is closed when I do that. Take a look. I posted half wedge shots on youtube. This is from yesterday face on I was having back spasms day before and didnt want to push it. I posted it anyway dont know if its enough info.? I will try to get some full shots back is better.

Last edited:
point is though, on the little shots, you can use almost all arms and no pivot, all the way up to punch and punch w/ swivel.

this may not be very good when you attempt total motion with the FEELING of little or no pivot, this ma well be very bad for your swing.

Pecky there was no "point" there...... :cool:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Whoa.

Drew,

This video of you hitting these little shots ought to be shown to every TGM teacher who thinks the Basic and Acquired motion (JUNK) is worth a darn.

To me it shows:

1. How having your hands at address, like you want them to be at impact GUARANTEES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

2. Made me tilt my computer, thinking you had tilted the camera, until I realized YOU were leaning left.
I really need to see your full swing before I comment on want you really need to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.