New Year, Another Chance for Improvement... and... Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks! Trying to get 2016 off on the right start, so here is a 7 iron swing. Sorry for the weird angle (I'll do better next time!). 3/4 swing feel (since I habitually over-rotate ending up past parallel) and a bit firmer grip in the hands. My big thought right now is just staying balanced with that shorter swing and keeping the right elbow from getting stuck behind me (more of a feel / awareness).

Good hits are a small push draw, with a fade possible if I move the ball forward and hold off the release a bit.

Miss is a push hook, straight hook, or straight push. I think I am still underplane on the bad swings and getting that path too much out to the right, and my low point control / consistency suffers as a result.

Any feedback welcome! Thanks! :cool:

https://youtu.be/yk-lw3tjPGw

mp29

New
Nice swing. Not meant as criticism, just wondering if you play the ball that far away intentionally? If so, does it have to do with hitting out to the right?

Thanks mp29! Actually I noticed as well in that swing that I am reaching for the ball a bit, probably standing about one club head sole length farther away than usual. It's something I'll have to watch out for in my practice sessions. Some shots that day were coming off the toe, but the divots were still pretty flat, so maybe I was just drifting back a little too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.