OMG It was so obvious!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, a little info about me, then to my revalation. I am currently a senior in college and am going to enter Q school not this winter, but next winter. I am currently carrying a scratch index. I have not always been good at golf, actually most of my life I've been pretty awful. I didn't start shooting really decent scores until 2 ish years ago, then I felt burned out and took about 2 years off. This leads me to right now. I've always struggled with my pivot in the downswing. I tried reversing my pivot from the top, which would throw my arms away from me causing me to hit a pull. Well, I've really be trying to fix it and finally it dawned on me, at 12:15 am of all times. I WASN'T WAITING LONG ENOUGH FOR MY ARMS!!!! Now granted my instructor is awsome and we've been working on it, but I just haven't gotten it the way I like it yet. When I practice tomorrow I'm going to work on it. I just want everyone to know that it is possible to go from suck to a really good golfer if you put the smart work into it. I also want to thank brian for writing the perfect pivot articles, even though I've read them a thousand times it didn't seem to click until now. Brian if you have any questions or advice or anything feel free to pm me. Thanks again!!!

Jonathan

p.s. Doe any one have any suggestions for any drills for lighter grip pressure, I tend to squeeze the club a little tight sometimes which causes me to either hit a 1-3 yd push or it doesn't draw as much as usual. Thanks

Last edited:

p.s. Doe any one have any suggestions for any drills for lighter grip pressure, I tend to squeeze the club a little tight sometimes which causes me to either hit a 1-3 yd push or it doesn't draw as much as usual. Thanks

Jon,

I do three-finger overlap practice swings for the grip-pressure issue, tho I remember Jim has an alternative exercise, but I can't remember which thread it's in...

Also FYI I have found an interlocking grip allows less grip pressure with the left hand (lifting the left index finger off the shaft, relaxes a muscle in the back of the hand and left forearm). But changing your grip is a bit radical if you are playing well, so maybe forget that one...:)

1-3 yard push?... we should all be so lucky....:D

Last edited:
do you sole the club before takeaway?

do you sole the club before takeaway?

Yeah, I do. I don't feel the increase in the grip pressure until right around impact. I know there is some increase, but I don't believe it should be concious. I think the problem is mostly mental. I think I'm afraid that if I allow myself to fully release the club that I'll hook it big time. Although I know this to be untrue I don't think I'm quite used to the idea/feeling of a full release. Me and my instructor will just keep working at and it'll come around soon.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Yeah, I do. I don't feel the increase in the grip pressure until right around impact. I know there is some increase, but I don't believe it should be concious. I think the problem is mostly mental. I think I'm afraid that if I allow myself to fully release the club that I'll hook it big time. Although I know this to be untrue I don't think I'm quite used to the idea/feeling of a full release. Me and my instructor will just keep working at and it'll come around soon.

Do you go to Cornell?

Do you go to Cornell?

Yeah, the college, in Iowa, not the University. You must have gotten that from a past thread of mine or else you a mind reader. lol I never got the chance to really play golf for school because I am on music scholarship, thus that has to take priority. In my mind that's ok, because I believe that if I work hard enough and listen to the right people that it's only a matter of time before I achieve my dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.