Orange Whip Training Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two. One at home and one at the office. Yes, my office is a golf course, but I still like swinging it there as I don't get a chance to break away to the range. It's heavy and flexible and gives me a good stretch and sense of timing.

Hi Kevin, I read in a previous post where you were worried about lagging the hosel with this. Do you not not think this anymore? Thanks

PS How do you feel about the Whippy since it has a clubface? Thanks again

I swing it all the time and it hasn't promoted any hosel rockets in my game. I know where the sweet spot it...

what exactly does it do?

Heavy, whippy, stretchy. It simply stretches me out and provides a sense of rhythm.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Hi Kevin, I read in a previous post where you were worried about lagging the hosel with this. Do you not not think this anymore? Thanks

PS How do you feel about the Whippy since it has a clubface? Thanks again

Not worried. Just was saying if it does have a drawback, that would be it.

it works the core muscles pretty well also...i try to focus on letting my pivot work the club (not hands and arms). i also work some left handed swings in to balance the musculature/joints..

I saw one of these at the golf shop the other day and swung it a couple times. I think it was the first time I ever felt my lower body lead the downswing. You just can't lead with the upper body/arms with it.

Is that what the transition in the golf swing should really feel like? I understand all the issues of lagging the hosel vs sweetspot, I've been here long enough and have a good understanding of that concept.

I won't be swinging a club again until mid Feb, but if that's the feeling you're supposed to have in the transition, I think I can do that! (and that's not what I have been doing)

westy

New
Its a good toy. best in its class. heavy and the best warm up/golf fitness tool in existence.
Get all the sizes.

Good warmup aid

I have an orange whip and love it, it's great for warming up and stretching the muscles. It comes with stretching and strength building exercises.

Burner

New
Que?!?

Having just watched the pro-mo video of this tool I fail to see what is done with it that cannot be done using an ordinary club.

Surely I am not alone in this?

westy

New
it has a really soft shaft, it feels great to swing.
its heavy so is perfect to warm up with.

Last edited:
I swing my Orange Whip every day. I have one at the office too. Great stretch and provides excellent feel for rythym and path. This will provide a sense of lag, but if you don't know where and how to manage the sweet spot this won't help you figure that piece out. I'm buddies with the inventor and encouraged him to make and Orange Whip that had a "sweet spot" and wanted to rotate like a club. Sort of like a blend between the Matzie EZ Swinger and the Orange Whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.