Pics of Mac O'grady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
I'm looking at the one that says "Jan 2006". If you draw a line or hold something in front of the screen and frame advance it, it moves forward from the top of the backswing to impact.

By the way...I am NOT saying that it is bad. Just making an observation.

the Jan 2006 vid., his right arm straightens, but appears to be never straight. I too, see a slight head shift forward and slightly up prior to impact.

Driver vid on the range,,,same with right arm. And possibly not a straight left at impact, although nothing close to Lee Westwood.

Left foot appears 45*open with ball position appearing to be off or in front of the left toe. With this position, his shoulders are open.

Look at his bent right wrist at or near follow thru. Is he "hanging on"? I say this cuz when I obtain this position, it feels I never get the full release feel, and the left forearm roll...

Tom, my "fwiw"....

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Tom,

From what I know about that forward move, it is deliberate! He believes that pulling DOWN with the left deltoids, enables him to store his lag more easily. He bases this on Sam Snead's downswing and Hogan's downswing.
Just my second hand knowledge!!

Some may recall that Mac had several operations on his right elbow following a bad fall in late 2004 and can no longer straighten his right arm.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.