plane simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
brian,
could you please give us a description of an ideal swing plane and how to achive it?
feel free to slag off golf channel pros(mclean,leadbitter etc) attempts while your at it!!!

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Always have the clubhead or the butt end of the club point at the plane line unless it is parallel to it.

"Straight plane line."

All that you need, doesn't matter which "plane angle" you use.

jim_0068 said:
Always have the clubhead or the butt end of the club point at the plane line unless it is parallel to it.

"Straight plane line."

All that you need, doesn't matter which "plane angle" you use.

thanks for your response,

that sounds very much like hank haneys plane thoughts with congruent angles,but this differs slightly from TGM 2-f plane of motion "whenever the clubshaft is parallel to the ground,it must also be parallel to the base line of the inclined plane,which is usually (but not always) the line of flight also_Otherwise,the end of the club that is closest to the ground must be pointing at the base line of the inclined plane-or extensions of that line,even if they must be extended to the horizon."

this is why the question to brian,as maybe im misreading but it seems like they differ on plane theory.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
davidmac00 said:
thanks for your response,

that sounds very much like hank haneys plane thoughts with congruent angles,but this differs slightly from TGM 2-f plane of motion "whenever the clubshaft is parallel to the ground,it must also be parallel to the base line of the inclined plane,which is usually (but not always) the line of flight also_Otherwise,the end of the club that is closest to the ground must be pointing at the base line of the inclined plane-or extensions of that line,even if they must be extended to the horizon."

this is why the question to brian,as maybe im misreading but it seems like they differ on plane theory.

No no....haney's idea of "plane" is much different. What i said is simply a "dummy version" of what you just typed out from 2-F.

Here's a .gif that shows exactly what i mean:

lst100_animate.gif

sorry jim,get what you mean,i had you parallel to plane angle.good picture,do you have it down the line?
also,i need a reason why this is better than haneys method.i know this could be opening a can of worms but i feel plane is of great importance.i had TGM only a couple of months and although read it a number of times i need to know it better and have other coaches insights and ideas as to how to use it best.
thnx david

Status
Not open for further replies.