posture pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

benk

New
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I was looking through all the posts [very interesting stuff] and saw these pics on posture when we were talking about Mac.

givemeabreak.jpg

I have always wondered why Hogan and Snead had that type of posture [notice their heads].

Can someone please explain why this is? I have never heard anyone talk about this before.

Thanks.

Because the neck is going to be parallel to the ground at impact, so you might as well set it up like that at address. If you don't, your head is going to be lower at impact.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hooray!

You are correct Leo.

That's the reason benk.

Also, you want to look straight out of your eye sockets at the ball at address.

benk

New
fsaf

Wow, that is something I have never thought of, especially in putting. Thanks guys.

And sorry Brian about your Saints. They were the better team. Too bad they don't get to play my Colts in the Super Bowl. GO COLTS!!

Various reasons, such as better clubface control...your neck/head just magically seeks that position.

But the important thing is, you can't find one single Tour Player who's neck isn't parallel to the ground at Impact...it would be an eye opener for me if you can find one.

I agree most head to that position, but from the videos I have...

Annika, Aaron Baddeley, Gavin Coles, Justin Leonard (sort of), Karrie Webb, Se Ri Pak, Tom Kite, VJ (sort of), Zach Johnson (sort of).

All do NOT have a neck parallel to the ground at impact.

So why should we do it? Why does that head/neck position give better club face control, the ball does not know where the head is.

I agree most head to that position, but from the videos I have...

Annika, Aaron Baddeley, Gavin Coles, Justin Leonard (sort of), Karrie Webb, Se Ri Pak, Tom Kite, VJ (sort of), Zach Johnson (sort of).

All do NOT have a neck parallel to the ground at impact.

So why should we do it? Why does that head/neck position give better club face control, the ball does not know where the head is.

Ive seen all the video's too, but some are closer to others.
I really like Adam Scotts impact however his head and neck tilt down at impact at least 3-4 inches. What is your guys take on that. I would think its better to keep the base of the neck and shoulders as close to the same as possible. If its an axis point his moves too much why not tilt his head down more at the start?

hue

New
Brian: I saw a guy try to teach a friend of mine to raise his chin up at address. Personally I did not like what he was trying to teach. His view was that the chin up deal meant that the chin did not block the left shoulder's turn on the back stroke leading to a fuller more complete shoulder turn. Jack Nicklaus had no problem with his back stroke pivot.

IYO is there ANYTHING in his theory?

Brian: I saw a guy try to teach a friend of mine to raise his chin up at address. Personally I did not like what he was trying to teach. His view was that the chin up deal meant that the chin did not block the left shoulder's turn on the back stroke leading to a fuller more complete shoulder turn. Jack Nicklaus had no problem with his back stroke pivot.

IYO is there ANYTHING in his theory?

But most notably he had to turn his head a great deal right to make the shoulder turn. If he did not I'm sure he would have had more problems.

I think this is really a matter of what are you comfortable with. I personally feel better when I have a straighter back and neck. I feel free to turn.. like I have room. When I get lazy and cramped together I tend to make bad swings.

Wow, look at Arnold Palmer. He looks like a friggin tortoise. I think Adam Scott and Butch Harmon overdo the neck thing, it is a meaningless bells and whistles notion to focus on as much as they do. If anything it creates unnecessary tension in the neck. Arnold Palmer wouldn't have been able to break 100 if it were really a big deal.

Wow, look at Arnold Palmer. He looks like a friggin tortoise. I think Adam Scott and Butch Harmon overdo the neck thing, it is a meaningless bells and whistles notion to focus on as much as they do. If anything it creates unnecessary tension in the neck. Arnold Palmer wouldn't have been able to break 100 if it were really a big deal.

I agree with you totally on that sir.
May the course be with you....(from the dark side :) )

btw, there's a difference between the neck between parallel to the ground and the head. You could include the upper back also.

Status
Not open for further replies.