Pressure- Probably a stupid question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leek

New
I have always been able to swing in some way that I felt this really strong pressure that FEELS like the shaft is just torqueing like crazy, to a point that it's almost uncomfortable. What I used to do is release that pressure before or at impact, which I think may have been a flip.

Is that lag pressure? If so, is the key to maintain it through impact and into the follow through?

Sorry- if this is a dumb question.

Last edited:
I have always been able to swing in some way that I felt this really strong pressure that FEELS like the shaft is just torqueing lick crazy, to a point that it's almost uncomfortable. What I used to do is release that pressure before or at impact, which I think may have been a flip.

Is that lag pressure? If so, is the key to maintain it through impact and into the follow through?

if it feels weird, you're probably doing something weird. Like lose grip or wide open clubface. The answer is in the ball flight. I guess if you tried to maintain it your ball goes right.

Leek

New
Leo, it doesn't go right. It goes a little right to left.

I just thought I had to "release" it, because it seems it would increase clubhead speed at impact.

I have always been able to swing in some way that I felt this really strong pressure that FEELS like the shaft is just torqueing lick crazy, to a point that it's almost uncomfortable. What I used to do is release that pressure before or at impact, which I think may have been a flip.

In general- yes that's lag pressure and yes you don't release it.

Although, sometimes you might experience that overall feel as not only clubhead lag pressure but you may be overlapping joint motions or accumulators at the same time i.e. not releasing them much- and that's not a mandatory thing- so you can get stuck in a certain pattern that's not the best but that allows you to emphasize or feel that lagging - torque. Just realize that on the big picture you need the clubhead lag and if you get it with that "current" swing of yours - great! - but you may find that your "current" movement isn't that consistent or over time maybe just is too much effort or has a lot of issues that just kind of tell you that you need to change something. So you can have clubhead lag but not have the joints or accumulators overlapping so much. Also, as long as you have consistent or increasing clubhead lag pressure feel- then you're probably fine - doesn't have to be "maximum". Just some things of many to consider- over the long haul. For now, it sounds like your "new" movement may be very rewarding.

Beware of couscious, "extra", releasing of the hands (i.e. a muscular-induced flip)........

Let it release, sure. Make it release.....careful. (if you understand what I mean)

Leek.......you seem like an equipment guy..........but if your shaft feels too flimsy.....maybe it is?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.