props to Brian Manzella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most teachers would let their ego's get in the way of helping the player use the swing he brought to the lesson

It seems to me that much of golf instruction is based on the belief that function follows form. Ugly or unusual moves are assumed to be the cause of any inconsistency present in the players game. That is, unless the player is already accomplished, in which case they've overcome the idiosyncrasies in their homemade moves and have succeeded in spite of them.

That's why I like it here. I don't want you changing anything in my swing just because it looks funny. If it works, leave it alone. I want to play better, not be pretty with no game.

Oh yeah, 1st must change swing then grip no one on tour play with that grip etc, etc, etc.

yep i've certainly gotten some of that. and for the record, BM was unflappable, didn't snicker or shake his head once, he just put me on the trackman and we got to work fixing impact. best lesson i've ever had.

That ball fizzed off like a tracer bullet..V. impressive.
Bryan, did you ever have a "conventional" backswing move? And if you did, what caused you to change?

first time i heard of it was that 2007 article in GOLF magazine. i was probably 2 years into golfing at that point. it just made total sense to me, the idea of simplifying a motion to improve consistency. started messing around with it and my game improved pretty quickly. much better clubface control.

There was a guy in the 70's named Andrew Mullin who taught a no backswing swing

i tracked down mr. mullin to ask him some questions, great guy. old schooler from georgia who owned a driving range and loved betting on sports. he's 80 years old now, reminds me of what roy "tin cup" mcavoy would be like as an old guy.

thanks for all those positive responses, it means a lot. this swing has potential, gotta keep workin' on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.