pull or push action

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's been proven scientifically that any pulling action on an object, in this case the body, is better and stronger than a pushing action"...

Peter Croker quoted from Tiger's New Swing pg. 103, by John Andrisani.

Tourdeep,

Was this in an article or a book of John's? I did a search but couldn't find anything. This is a heck of a quote as Peter most definately advocates pushing.....but in a very specific way.

Can you steer me in the right direction?

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Pulling is much easier though pushing can help some players or is good for short strokes. Most hitting teachers are really teaching switting, show me a true hitter = that is swinging, not adding and over accelerating.

If you enter the quote in google, it comes up in google books with the picture of the page, sure sounds like a typo coming from Croker though.

it's funny i just watched CROKER'S free videos and then logged on here and saw this thread! paul hart (golf machine guy) analized his system and said he was not a "pusher" but a "swinger"..to which croker agreed and said he is only pushing his "pressure points" but still swinging......maybe someone more in the "know" can elaborate on this as i am just learning golf machine concepts.....

Tourdeep,

Was this in an article or a book of John's? I did a search but couldn't find anything. This is a heck of a quote as Peter most definately advocates pushing.....but in a very specific way.

Can you steer me in the right direction?

Book.

Not a bad explanation of Tiger's new swing and changes from his old. This is in John's opinion only and without any input from Tiger.

it's funny i just watched CROKER'S free videos and then logged on here and saw this thread! paul hart (golf machine guy) analized his system and said he was not a "pusher" but a "swinger"..to which croker agreed and said he is only pushing his "pressure points" but still swinging......maybe someone more in the "know" can elaborate on this as i am just learning golf machine concepts.....

teeithigh,

You're right about that. Paul's analysis was great and a lot of fun to watch as I know both those guys. Using the pressure points as pushing mechanisms was a real breakthrough in developing Peter's swing pattern.

Peter has his own forum where you can talk to others and Peter about his stuff.

spike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.