Pump Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian or others:
do you like the 'pump' drill or something like it as a drill to help throwaway from the top and too early of a release? i sometimes feel i pre-release the club and thought this drill will get my right elbow leading better. what's your thoughts, pro or con?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I can get people to throw it away less by teaching them more of a lagging clubhead takeaway than all the pump drilling in the world

Guitar Hero

Brian or others:
do you like the 'pump' drill or something like it as a drill to help throwaway from the top and too early of a release? i sometimes feel i pre-release the club and thought this drill will get my right elbow leading better. what's your thoughts, pro or con?

I have seen many golfers try it but very few golfers have lasting results with it. There are better ways to stop throwaway or an early release with lasting results.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Brian or others:

For you? Never.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The "bounce back" drill.

For those who have seen me demo my version of this drill, which I call the "bounce back drill" (it is on the Building Blocks video) is is mainly good to help you get TO release point, not THROUGH impact.

ok. i went to the range today and set out a station to hit balls. actually i find that if i let my hips move a bit lateral and get that hogan slide, my elbow does follow. BUT--i find with paralel lines and a square body/target line i am still pull drawing most everything. what i find is strange is that if i alignn my feet and body to the left of the target line(by about 30 or more degrees), my ballflight and shots go to my target. what can be the cause of this and why can i hit it straight this way and not the 'traditional' setup?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Read or re read the thread on Trackman findings. You CANNOT hit a straight ball out of a straight stance tracing a straight plane line when the ball is on the ground.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
90%

Read or re read the thread on Trackman findings. You CANNOT hit a straight ball out of a straight stance tracing a straight plane line when the ball is on the ground.

It should read:

"You CANNOT hit a straight ball out of a straight stance, tracing a straight plane line at the target, when the ball is on the ground, if your lie angle is correct for you and you make sweetspot contact."

:D

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
It should read:

"You CANNOT hit a straight ball out of a straight stance, tracing a straight plane line at the target, when the ball is on the ground, if your lie angle is correct for you and you make sweetspot contact."

To help others reading this; lets "pretend" you were really trying too what would the predominately ballflight be?

thanks brian. just read the blog you mentioned. one question though: you said to swing left. when i am aiming my body to the left, i still think of my original target though, correct? if not, wouldn't i just be starting all over with another square stance (but to a different target and stance setup?) whatever the reason, seems as though this is the info i need. back to the range tomorrow to try all the clubs.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
It should read:

In my defense, i knew that but "simplicity by omission" got the best of me:D

i have the original version of nha and just ordered version 2. hopefully after watching this i will be able to solve my dilemna.

Status
Not open for further replies.