Pure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hue,

Ak is a collegiate player in the Big 12 conference. He won everything imaginable as a junior and has quite a bright future.

I believe his move is where the "modern" swing is going.

What do you think of his move?

Redgoat

Redgoat,

I like the left arm better here:

32672654.jpg

hue

New
Looks good to me. He does look more humpty back at impact than at address though. I think Brian has got a point about the rounded upper body and head looking at the ball at address. The finish looks a little funny a bit like the floppy way Els used to finish. Have you got fropnt on pics ?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
A bit of a reverse pivot...in the way the his SPINE moves FORWARD as it pivots, not as leaning the wrong way.

In a good player such as this, it usually results in leakage, which this young man has just a bit of.

Otherwise...very good.

Eminem

Banned
I agree with points made by Brian and cherry.

If you look at the face on picture at impact the club is ahead of an imaginary line drawn down the left arm, it should be on or behind that line... also you can see that the right wrist is close to flat and the left bending somewhat at impact.

With this adjustment he could gain a bit more consistancy.

I would also work on getting those arms less tense. I am of the school of thought that an powerful swing is a effortless swing free of tension. Infact on the the first initial downward phase I like to see a certain softness in the elbow of the lead arm.

bcoak

New
looks like the club is laid off a little in sequence 4. he also stays donw a very long time -frame 6&7 look kind of forced.

He is slightly laid off, but he makes up for it big time through impact. And the "humpty" look at impact is AK staying down and in his spine angle. He looks just like any really good player. He stays down a little longer because he's keeping his head down longer than he should, but he gets away with it because he's 20 and gumby flexible.

I'm not sure I agree with Eminem that he has that much throwaway- the picture at impact looks kind of hazy, but he looks like he's bending the shaft pretty good there. And that kid's arms don't look tense to me, they just look naturally extended. He's young, he's very flexible so his arms just happen to stay straight... not unlike that other graceful gumby of a man, MIkestloc!

Eminem

Banned
quote:Originally posted by Redgoat

Keep in mink the impact picture shown is POST-impact. This swing has no throwaway.

Redgoat

He does have throwaway, infact the shaft viewed from front should still be behind the left arm reference point at the point these photos where taken and they're not... Heres a picture of Garcia on how I would to see the young kid at impact.

instruction_Hogan4.jpg

Its not to say this kid isn't a very good player but it is the control especially of his iron play that is affected somewhat. Of course this is all relative he probably hits his irons many times better than I do ....

Brian Manzella

Administrator
If anyone can show me pictures of "a lot of "weekend" golfers practice not releasing that angle even after impact, and they end up hitting shots to the right" PLEASE post them.

20years and still have NEVER seen ONE.

Seems to me that "throwaway" gets thrown around to much here. To Redgoats point he is post impact in that pic and looks to me like a flat left wrist but not a bowed left wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.