Putting....D Plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do. The path really isn't that vital to good putting IMO, the face...particularly at impact...is vital. Of course you need to know how to read greens and develop a good touch/speed.

That really goes against the normal putting instruction and practice where they work on perfecting the stroke.

3JACK

And any spin that is initially created is overcome by the ground and tends to start rolling pretty quickly, so that the top vector of the d-plane (clubface) is so much more important than the path.

westy

New
rules apply

the laws of physics and geometry apply to putting.
For any given speed, the softer the cover the longer the ball is squished against the face, thats about all you are squishing....

When I teach putting, I attack speed and delivery first, before I work on any technique.

Kevin, That is really the gist of my question, how long is the impact interval in putting?

thanks burner.

I am really interested in how the angle of attack and path/clubface relationship effects a dead straight putt...

If I have it right, from the GTE in Md. A straight path and square clubface and a down and out path produce a pull in the full swing, so I want some help with how it would effect putting.

Damon?

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Negligable!
Much greater fish to fry.

Get your delivery speed/distance control and rhythm and tempo of your stroke down first.

Then get an aim and stroke combination that starts the ball on line most if not all of the time.

Learn how to read and experience how to read putts.

Cycle back.

If you are trying to consciously control the d plane with the speed of a putting stroke and the different slopes, lines, greens, and putt distances, you have no chance, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.