Question about VSP and AoA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggsjpc

New
Guys, you can have a low vsp and high Attack angle, high vsp and low Attack Angle, low attack angle and big divots, high attack angle and no divot.

Kevin,

Is it accurate to say that the VSP sets the maximum amount of possible AoA? If not directly, then indirectly?

IF so, would it also be more likely that as VSP get's lower, the less likely there will be a large negative AoA for a usable golf shot?

S

SteveT

That's what I thought when I plucked that exact quote out for discussion. I didn't want to imply anything, and all I got was snotty comments. Oh, well ... you can lead an horse to water but ....

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
John, I'm not quite certain I understand the question.

And SteveT, this is about as far away from what you said as possible. All you said was "do you have something to back it up other than you say-so?". And you lecture us about snotty comments?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
What I do know John, is that a low VSP with and in to out path produces a low AoA. While a better player who has a leftward path increases the AoA to compensate for his low VSP. I had a kid with a 51 VSP with a 5 iron at 103mph who swung his HSP 8 degrees left and hit 7 degrees down out it yesterday.

Whether or not a ballflight is usable or not is not for me to judge. I suppose anybody can repeat anything. If Bubba Watson can win on Tour with his ballflight.......

ZAP

New
Now I wish I had asked Brian for my numbers so I could try to make more sense of it all. Maybe if I listen really close to the video.

ggsjpc

New
John, I'm not quite certain I understand the question.

And SteveT, this is about as far away from what you said as possible. All you said was "do you have something to back it up other than you say-so?". And you lecture us about snotty comments?

Just theoretically.

For Example: Could a player with a 5 degree VSP ever have an AoA greater than 5?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
This sounds like your negative Spin Loft theory. It all would require math, which is when I personally shut it down. Do you think you could hit more down on it than the clubhead is in the air angle-wise?

What I do know John, is that a low VSP with and in to out path produces a low AoA. While a better player who has a leftward path increases the AoA to compensate for his low VSP. I had a kid with a 51 VSP with a 5 iron at 103mph who swung his HSP 8 degrees left and hit 7 degrees down out it yesterday.

Whether or not a ballflight is usable or not is not for me to judge. I suppose anybody can repeat anything. If Bubba Watson can win on Tour with his ballflight.......

Useable or optimized?

Kevin, is it true this player would be losing a lot of bang for his buck? ie wouldent his smash factor be compromised?

What adjustments did you recommend to him?

dan

Status
Not open for further replies.