Questions about club fitting and GolfTec

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the market for new clubs and want to get a fitting. The only place I can find in the Tampa Bay area is GolfTec. Anyone had any experience with them? Anyone know of another fitting center in the area? What should a good club fitting session consist of and what should it cost? I don't want to buy clubs from them as I want to get them from my local pro.

jimmyt

New
I would also be interested in any information that you can provide on GolfTec.

I'm in Vegas so if you have some alternative recommendations.....bring it!!!!!!!

come on guys..somebody must have had some experience with golftec...anyone else with experience of clubfitting in the tampa bay area?

tfro

New
GolfTec is hit or miss from my experience. I took a few lessons there once a long while back, one guy was a good communicator and one was a dolt. I got better from it, but not tons. It's pretty pricey too, it wouldn't be that much more to travel somewhere that has someone you really trust.

Also, this may not be the best place to discuss golftec?

In the market for new clubs and want to get a fitting. The only place I can find in the Tampa Bay area is GolfTec. Anyone had any experience with them? Anyone know of another fitting center in the area? What should a good club fitting session consist of and what should it cost? I don't want to buy clubs from them as I want to get them from my local pro.

I've used Golftec as a way to get some numbers. I had won a set of lessons in a tournament and I called Brian to make sure they would be worthwhile to use for getting numbers, or should I just give them away.

I'm not really sure how the Golftec machine would be useful for fitting other than ballflight and ball speed. If you're slicing or hooking it would show that, but that seems to me to be "swing" issue, more than an "equipment" issue. You would still need to hit off of a plane board and be measured normally. I could see how you could select shafts by looking at ball speed, but otherwise, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm not smart enough to see what else it could do.

Maybe you could call them and ask exactly what a Golftec club fitting is as opposed to a normal fitting?

GolfTec is hit or miss from my experience. I took a few lessons there once a long while back, one guy was a good communicator and one was a dolt. I got better from it, but not tons. It's pretty pricey too, it wouldn't be that much more to travel somewhere that has someone you really trust.

Also, this may not be the best place to discuss golftec?

not looking to discuss golftec...looking for a place to get fit for a new set of
clubs....it is the only place that shows up in the tampa area...any other option is what I am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.