Quote from John Kruk on overweight baseball players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Cholesterol Kill Baseball? What Happens If CC Sabathia, Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder Don't Stop Eating? - WSJ.com

"John Kruk, the ESPN analyst who was anything but an ectomorph during his playing days, said the signings show that baseball has returned to an understanding that physical appearance doesn't matter as much as quick wrists and live arms. "I can go to the gym right now and find 10 guys in great shape, but I wouldn't want them on my baseball team," he said. "For years the sport has been hooked on guys who are 6-foot-3 with 4% body fat. But those guys seem to spend as much time on the disabled list."

Quick wrists, live arms!

Will Cholesterol Kill Baseball? What Happens If CC Sabathia, Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder Don't Stop Eating? - WSJ.com

"John Kruk, the ESPN analyst who was anything but an ectomorph during his playing days, said the signings show that baseball has returned to an understanding that physical appearance doesn't matter as much as quick wrists and live arms. "I can go to the gym right now and find 10 guys in great shape, but I wouldn't want them on my baseball team," he said. "For years the sport has been hooked on guys who are 6-foot-3 with 4% body fat. But those guys seem to spend as much time on the disabled list."

Quick wrists, live arms!
John Daly?

My premise was somewhat off the mark;)....thanks for the explanation leon.

Interesting stuff mandrin, thanks.

It would appear that fat boys with long light-headed drivers have an advantage. Just kidding...

Looks like I was onto something. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.