Racquetball and golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the New Years Resolution people have crammed the local YMCA, too cold and snow to play golf,so I decided to see if I could improve my swing by hitting a racquetball.

So far I've found that I hit the ball better with a left hand backhand (flat left wrist) if I don't swivel on the backswing. Trying to keep the racquet face looking at the line as long as possible. So, I'm guessing that I should be doing that on all golfswings, also.

Does that make sense?

In order to keep my right wrist bent, I need to make a much stronger pivot motion on the downswing.

I spend a lot of time holding a golf ball against my right index finger, and making a downswing motion with a bent right wrist. I finally think I've got the right shoulder going correctly down the plane towards the inside-aft part of the ball.

I experienced that shoulder move twice last summer, but was never sure how I did it and had a hard time doing it with any consistency. The 2 times I was able to do it, I shot and even par 9 holes and then an even par 18.

Does any of this sound reasonable??

rundmc

Banned
quote:Originally posted by Wolfman

So far I've found that I hit the ball better with a left hand backhand (flat left wrist) if I don't swivel on the backswing. Trying to keep the racquet face looking at the line as long as possible. So, I'm guessing that I should be doing that on all golfswings, also.

Does that make sense?

In order to keep my right wrist bent, I need to make a much stronger pivot motion on the downswing.

Does any of this sound reasonable??

You sound pretty reasonable to me. On the first point . . . do you grip the golf club like you grip the racket? Swing or Hit?

You are all over it on the stonger pivot. Stong pivot no flip.

Manzella neutral on the grip.

I don't know if I'm a hitter, swinger or switter!

I was guessing that since I try not to swivel on the racquetball backswing that I was hitting.

Going back again today for some more!

Status
Not open for further replies.