Range finder advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,
I have the last. latest greatest Skycrappie version 5?,the Bushnell 1600 (no slope, not usga legal) and a v2.
the GPS devices suck because they are routinely 5-10 yards of variance which can mean in the water or over the green here in South Florida. the 1600 is awesome but large and a pain in the butt to continually re-adjust on your bag. the V2 works just as good as the 1600 and clips nicely on the towel ring of your bag for walking, it can then be stored in almost any pocket of your bag.
as for the review, did you review it or copy it off of a website?
I have found that many reviews by people are planted to sway opinion. There are companies who review hotels and resorts and post fake reviews (100's per customer)for a price. if you did review it yourself Bushnell would replace it, even Rolex makes a defective watch on the rare occasion.

Last edited:
My research thus far has all been based on internet reviews and like you said Rick, you never know what you're gonna get reading online reviews. It's pretty hard to wade thru all the bullshit, which is why I started the thread. I wanted some real life reviews from real golfers and not paid promotions. I'll probably base my decision off of this thread (fingers crossed).

I think you would be real happy with almost any laser But GPS has major "acceptable" variances that a shot over water or a steep back bunker doesn't.
good luck

Love my Bushnell 1600 w/slope

I've had the Bushnell 1600 with slope since the beginning of this golf season and couldn't be happier. I think the size actually helps gripping it to keep it steady. I can understand how it could be a problem if walking. However, I'm fat and lazy and ride 95% of the time and just keep it in the front of the cart.

I've noticed an interesting trend with GPS vs. laser lately. I have about 16 guys I regularly play with. About half of them got GPSs once they became popular, but now those same people are giving them up and moving to lasers. Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.