Really—How good an instructor is Brian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto, i wasn't necesarily referring to you when i said "miracle fixes". It's just that maybe i'm suspect or just envious of anyone who can get fixed so fast. I feel stupid too because i feel i could have been a player of note if i had the info ten years ago that i have now. Is it too late? We'll see. But it sure would have been nice to have this swing back then......:(

No worries Kev. I had issues that I didn't understand and had never been explained to me, and when those were exposed, I finally felt what I was supposed to feel. It was like "hey....that is a lot better". And don't be so quick to envy me. This new swing only raised my expectations. LOL!!

As for you being a player of note, I'll bet if ask the people that know you, you are already a player of note. I don't feel like it's ever too late to be as good as you can be. Even if you don't reach your ultimate goal, I'll bet you'll get further along than you ever imagined you could. A good friend of mine made it to the second stage of Q School this past go around. He is only a few years younger than me, and that ain't so young!! Besides, is there anything you had really rather work on? If you're like me, golf is the thing that makes you tick.

I hope you get your game where you want it and I hope Brian is the guy that gets you there. You both are great guys and you both deserve your success.

Good luck.

I found it very difficult to implement any changes to my swing based on the reading of this site alone. So, when Brian came out my way I jumped on the chance to take a lesson from him. The things that he focused on seeing my swing in person are the things that needed to be changed. I was unable to discern this from reading and from videos on my own. Reading the information here and watching videos can be helpful if you know your swing really well, but I don't because what I feel and what I do are sometimes two different things. Brian does what all excellent teachers do. That is take all of his knowledge of the golf swing and applies that to helping an individual improve theirs in simple terms and drills if needed. I know I have dropped 5 strokes off my game from utilizing the information gathered from one 1 hour lesson with Brian last summer. I still have a long way to go, but that is a different story.

Something I forgot to add: I had lessons before from other teachers where I hit the ball worse during the lesson and after the lesson and the teachers just said "keep working on what we talked about". Brian is the exact opposite. He will not stop teaching until you are consistently hitting the ball better during your lesson.

Last edited:
My "whys"

After 7 hours in person with Brian and hanging around here a lot, here is my take:

1. Depth of knowledge - he flat out knows his stuff. I don't think anyone would or could dispute this. Not only does he know the golf swing, he knows how to apply what he knows to the student. His constant quest for more knowledge and his acknowledgement that there is always more to learn probably lead to the depth of his knowledge.

2. Communicating - he gets the idea across. Somehow or some way he will get the student to move the club like a club should be moved. Images, analogies, hands-on pushing or pulling, demonstrating - whatever it takes.

3. Enthusiasm - if he can't get you pumped up no one can. Flat out wants to make you better.

Plus, he is a heck of a nice guy. I don't think I'll miss another opportunity to attend one of his tour stops. "Playing lesson" is on my wish list.

I don't want to bore the masses or turn this into a long post about what he has done for me, but would be more than happy to give specifics if anyone is interested.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.