Rear Shoulder Video - Explosive Golf Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
I'd like a clarification on something that has been bothering me. I like MJ's table top illustrations of the release and in this video of the shoulder movement. But if you then translate this to an inclined plane as when addressing a golf ball on the ground, wouldn't that equate to a one plane swing? What am I missing? Thanks.

When I discuss the 'Planar' portion of the swing we are taking about the final phase of the downswing just before impact {when the hands are near the right leg}

The club is stabilized enough to behave in a 'planar' fashion and this is where we translate the tabletop idea.

If you used the tabletop training tool for other portions of the swing it will rise above the table

ZAP

New
Very interesting video for sure. Certainly explains a good portion of my lesson with Brian and how he was going about trying to zero me out. This idea also gives me a better feel for the release I think. Going to try to play Wednesday so we will see.

Given that the shoulders are parallel above the path of the hands....is there any reason from an efficiency/physics stand point that a golfer would take their hands above the right shoulder in the backstroke? Is there any speed/power involved in "making up that space"? Or is their any drawback to "never creating that range of motion?"

When I discuss the 'Planar' portion of the swing we are taking about the final phase of the downswing just before impact {when the hands are near the right leg}

The club is stabilized enough to behave in a 'planar' fashion and this is where we translate the tabletop idea.

If you used the tabletop training tool for other portions of the swing it will rise above the table

That what I figured. But it's nice to hear it from the horse. Thanks MIchael for taking the time to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.